Since the dentist talked to us about weaning Chick off of her beloved soother, we've been researching various strategies other parents have used to kick the habit.
None of the strategies we came across, however, seemed to fit with our parenting style nor with Chick's personality.
After a long talk about our options, J. and I came up with our own plan.
So far, it's working like a charm.
I'll divulge the strategy after we're sure it's been successful. Like all good things, this will take some time.
In the end, though, we expect our little Chick to be victorious.





I expect she will be!
ReplyDeleteI love the support and confidence in your sweet girl. I am sure she will rock the non-soother lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
I'm sure she'll do great with this! She has such wonderful, fun determination that once she decides she's ready to say goodbye for good I'm sure there will be no looking back! Hey, she pretty much trained herself in a day! I'm thinking of hiring her to come teach Hannah in the new year! :o)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I know that can be a hard transition. Chick looks absolutely adorable in her festive outfit!
ReplyDeleteMichaela didn't turn out to be a pacifier baby. I just threw out her little collection a couple weeks ago because she consistently rejected them. She's really not sucking her thumb at this point, either. But, she will put her fingers in her mouth when she's super tired. It will be interesting to see if she morphs into a thumb sucker. Both Michael and I sucked our thumbs until we were about eight years old.
As usual, you always figure out what is best for your little pumpkins. I sure hope it works. good luck.
ReplyDelete