Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CSA Update

As our first CSA season comes to an end in the next few weeks, I am already thinking about how we will move forward for next season. While we have enjoyed the CSA and have expanded our tastes and recipes, I don't think we'll be investing in another CSA in the spring. What we will do instead is purchase all of our vegetables and fruit from the same organic farm at our local farmer's market (which is open every Friday between April and October). This way, we will get more bang for our buck by purchasing the specific vegetables and fruits that we know we enjoy and we will purchase the amount that suits our family. I am more excited than ever to be part of this particular organic farm and have loved providing my family (and extended family and friends who have reaped the benefits of our overflow) with wholesome, unprocessed, pesticide-free, and cruelty-free food.
This morning, the twins and I headed up to the farm to pick up our third to last CSA bin and dozen eggs. Before we left, the kids had some fun in the play area.
Photobucket
There are usually chickens roaming the driveway and the play area.  We didn't see any today, sadly.
Photobucket
This boy loves tractors!
Photobucket
And shovels.
Photobucket
You're doing it wrong, Chick!
Photobucket
Loving this rocking horse.
Photobucket
The twins were so happy (as they usually are) in the swings.  They were giggling the whole time.
Photobucket
Case in point.
Photobucket
Etc.
Photobucket
Soulful.

No comments:

Post a Comment