I woke up yesterday morning with a strange sort of tummy ache, but shrugged it off as early morning yuck and went about the business of beginning the day. K2 had already left for work and the babies were stirring.
At about 8:00 the percolation turned into an "I-can-no-longer-stand-up-straight-because-my-tummy-hurts-too-much" and knew I wouldn't be able to handle the day alone with the babies. I didn't want to call K2 at work to come home, so I called my mom who said that she would come over as soon as she could.
About an hour later, the babies and I were lying on the floor
Thankfully, my mom arrived shortly after and spent the day caring for, feeding and playing with the babies while K2 and I took turns running to the washroom to view every piece of food we've ever eaten in our entire lives...or so it seemed that way. It was, to put it mildly, a very rough day. Neither of us could take Gravol or anything of the sort since we didn't want to be knocked out and unable to care for the babies.
I have not had the flu since 1997. Seriously. I was proud of my streak. So proud. Alas, the streak is no more. I was going to take a picture of K2 and me tonight to show the toll this day had taken on us, but I decided against it.
I probably just saved each of you years of therapy as a result.
You're welcome.
It's bad enough when one parent is sick.... but when both are.... that's terrible! I'll say a little prayer that the babies stay healthy and both of you are feeling better today. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh that's horrible. (I went through the same thing a few days ago - some weird flus going around right now). I'm so glad your mom was able to come over and help you out. Hope you're both feeling better!
ReplyDeletek
I am so sorry. I hope you both feel better this morning. And thank goodness for Moms who can come and help.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling much better this morning and that the babies don't catch anything...
ReplyDeleteOh no! Feel better and take care of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteYikes! I hope you are both better today!
ReplyDeleteOH no....that is the worst!! Hope you are both feeling better today:)
ReplyDeleteSounds like it is going around your neck of the woods (in the vague sense). Feel better.
ReplyDeleteOH! I am so sorry! And both of you at the same time? THat is NOT nice. I hope you both feel better VERY soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we got a quick video chat in before the chunks started flying! That's the second blog post I've read today about vomit.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
Oh, yuck! Sounds like food poisoning to me. I had that a few years ago. It's horrible.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your momma was able to help you out with the babies.
Take care!
You wanted to lose the baby weight. You just did it the hard way.
ReplyDeleteick - -I hope you're both on the mend - -this sucks.
ReplyDeleteUgh. Sounds terrible. Glad you had backup.
ReplyDeleteYikes. Hope you're feeling better now, and very much hope that the babies stay healthy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrible position to be in, both parents sick. I hope you're both feeling better and I'm glad your mom was able to help you out.
ReplyDeletePhew...that's one nasty bug that hit you. Hopefully it's gone now for good!
ReplyDelete