The babies had their 6 month check-up (and immunizations) yesterday and they are doing very well.
Chick Stats:
Length: 26 inches
Head Circumference: 16 inches
Weight: 17lbs 12oz
Sitting Unassisted: "very advanced"
Pea Stats:
Length: 26 inches
Head Circumference: 17 inches
Weight: 18lbs 8oz
Two Bottom Teeth: "Early bird"
We were given the okay to stop boiling water for their bottles (thank goodness) and to start them on any kind of pureed food we want (except, of course, nuts and eggs). The doctor said that he typically likes to see babies again at 9 months, but since Chick and Pea are developing so well, we can wait until their 1 year appointment in August.
On our way home, I had to stop in at our local blood drive as I had an appointment to donate blood. As my body was being drained of its life force, I chatted up the nurse assigned to me. When my bag 'o blood was almost full, another nurse came over to tell me that I had a nice smile and that my whole face lit up when I smiled.
I told her that it is because I am happy from the inside out.*
Can't explain it any clearer than that.
*I also knew that there were Oreo cookies and juice waiting for me after the donation. That would make anyone smile!
Glad that all is well with the babes.
ReplyDeleteAnd too glad that you are happy from the inside out. What a great way to explain happiness.
I assume you meant that Pea is 66 centimetres...or he's one BIG baby. ;)
ReplyDeleteSO glad that all is well with the little ones.
Great news!
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about baby led weaning? Boo Ba, DH and I are loving it. Have a look into it. He really is enjoying his food and is learning lots. I'm so pleased a friend told me about it.
Excellent!
ReplyDeleteOMG, Tamale's head circumference was 16 inches at 3 months. Farewell, dozens of too-small hats!
Wow! Great stats! And congratulations on the milestones!
ReplyDeleteWhat amazibg, adorable babies you have there!! Both advanced for their age! Way to go Chick and Pea!! Hope they weren't too sore from theie immunizatios. Poor littles...needles are yucky!
ReplyDelete(Unless there is juice and cookies waiting for you at the end! Were you allowed to puree some Oreos for the babes?)
it's the bestest kind of happy there is...!!!
ReplyDelete