Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

 This is a picture I took using the self-timer on my camera.  I was alone in a hotel room - the view was beautiful, but it wasn't home.

Check out other lovely black and white photos here.

27 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD.....this photo is FANTASTIC!!! I love the way you composed the shot and the peaceful feeling it gives.....very BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Thanks for playing along:)

    xo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Lisa! Beautiful capture! It makes me want to take a deep breath in and exhale out the stress! Thank you for sharing!

    I read a few of your posts and realized that you are a fellow Canadian! Very cool and your babies are OH SO ADORABLE! I am going to have to come back and read more of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this shot! So beautiful! Very, very peaceful.

    (Thanks for your sweet thoughts about Asia!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this picture.
    So many thoughts go through my mind when I see this picture as I am sure it does for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this photo!! the lines in it are great. and it looks really good in b&w! =) happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this picture and am sure that the color version just wouldn't give the same feeling to the picture... oh, what I wouldn't give to be in a hotel room alone right now...the kids are on their 3rd snow day...ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo...very serene. Great job! {And what a cute header you have. Your twins are adorable!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture if FABULOUS!!!!!! I absolutely love it..you look so peaceful and relaxed...great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this photo! The composition is right on the money. The meaning behind it can go both ways... longing to be at home or loving the solitude.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so striking! Great eye. It's haunting almost, like I feel your longing for home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful view and I love the thought behind the picture. What super big windows :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it...looks like your mind is drifting off with the clouds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. The depth is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning image....the mood is amazing and it's beautifully composed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. most beautiful b&w i've seen yet.

    i love the solitutude of the figure-- so separated and withdrawn.

    gorgeous.

    (not to mention-- you have twins? yeah, you know about separation from life, don't you? mine just turned 12 months . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...it looks like a photo from another age...yet its ageless....

    amazing, really!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an absolutely stunning shot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely shot of a truly lovely lady!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this picture! Kind of reminds me of Colorado Springs - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful shot! You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful image. It evoked so many emotions. And when I read the last line about it not being home it totally connected. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beautiful photo. Calm and nostalgic. Really wonderful, and the black and white really makes it feel classic too. Great job!

    Amandalynn
    http://www.imageserenity.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with Sandra - I remember this photo well.

    I'll always keep that woman in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely LOVE this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  25. stunning. i am such a sucker for black and white photography. you captured yourself so well.

    ReplyDelete