It's why I waited over four months to tell my students (they already knew...I was showing and the entire grade eleven class was talking), why K2 had to push me into buying the requisite baby gear mere weeks before they were born and why I kept it quiet from the blog world for so long.
To help me with the ongoing worry, we bought a fetal heart doppler. Having the doppler meant that I could check on the babies' heartbeats whenever I felt anxiety creeping in. Once the babies were big enough to be kicking me in the ribs, I used it less frequently, but in that space of time between ultrasounds I was calmed by hearing their heartbeats.
Today's "Flashback Friday" is a video we took of the very first time we used the doppler to find the heartbeats. It was a moment we will never forget for the rest of our lives.
Flashback Friday from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.
It always amazes me how FAST their hearts beat! It's amazing. The whole thing is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing moment to reflect on...... I remember the first time I heard my little guys heartbeat......it was music to my ears:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool memory and so neat to have it on video for Chick and Pea to see in a few years. If I remember correctly, that doppler device got quite the work out over the next few months! Anything for a bit of peace of mind eh? Thank goodness for technology.
ReplyDeletek
I agree. No sound was better than that!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
What a beautiful sound!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sound!
ReplyDelete