The day we arrived, our host informed us that there had recently been an issue with ants in the house, but that she had just had a fumigator in to do a treatment. She told us that if we saw more than 3-4 ants, to let her know. When we arrived back to the cottage last night, we saw 10-15 and this morning we saw an additional 15-20. I can deal with a lot of stuff, but carpenter ants are too much for me to bear. I quickly texted Josee and let her know what we had seen and she told us that she would contact the guy she hired asap. Sadly, the man she hired was away in Halifax for the weekend, but he assured her that he would come on Monday to do a second treatment. In the meantime, Josee said she would be over in the afternoon with some traps.
In the meantime, we all got ready to head to Mill River Fun Park for the afternoon, as the sun was shining and the temperature was nice and high. Before we headed out, J. and I began to map out our route home at the end of the week. We still needed to book a hotel for around the halfway mark of our travels. We settled on a hotel in Drummondville, PQ and made the arrangements via phone. We will be traveling just over 10 hours before we stop on Friday. The next day, we will only have 5.5 hours to travel.
We arrived at MRFP at around 12:30 and both kids were begging me to go down some water slides with them. The water at this park is FREEZING and I did not want to participate, but when my kids ask me to play, I have a hard time saying no. So, up I went and down I came into the freezing water. Once I was in, it was fine and we had a lovely time playing in the park. Soon, though, we were all shivering and we all agreed to change into warm clothes and head to the dry attractions of the park. We played a couple of games of mini putt, jumped in the bouncy castle, and walked in the hamster wheel. J. offered to buy the kids some ice cream cones and I ventured across to the little country store adjacent to the fun park. We are so happy that we bought season passes to the fun park as we never feel pressure to stay a certain length of time as we know we can always go anytime we like. The passes have paid for themselves with the amount of times we have gone.
At around 3:30, we were ready to head back to the cottage, but we first had to stop for some essentials at a local grocery store (we had forgotten to pick up some things yesterday).
At home, I set to work making some dinner while the kids played with play-doh.
| They wanted me to take a picture of their Play-Doh names. |
After dinner, we sat outside and considered heading to the North Cape to watch the sun set unobstructed. At first, we decided against it as it was clouding over and we expected we wouldn't see very much. However, when the kids began asking for TV, we instead piled them into the car to head to the North Cape. We were not disappointed.
| The North Cape Lighthouse and The Wind and Reef Restaurant. |
| It looks like this picture was filtered, but it isn't. |
| While waiting for the sunset, J. and the kids built an Inukshuk |
| That's me on the bench. |
| The twins were coming toward me after building their Inukshuk |
| J. taking a picture of me taking a picture of the twins on a bench. |
What a glorious way to end the day!


No comments:
Post a Comment