Sunday, July 3, 2016

First Full Day in PEI

After a really good night's sleep, we all woke at 8am ready for whatever was in store for us. I immediately jumped in the shower as I had been wearing the same clothes for two days and it felt so amazing to finally feel clean.
When I joined the family downstairs, the kids were happily playing and J. was enjoying his morning coffee with "Special Guest", the horse in the field.

I made the kids some breakfast, made myself some coffee and then we headed outside to explore the property. There was a play structure, a play house, a sandbox, some bikes, and a fire pit for us to enjoy. Josee had recently purchased some hammocks for the yard, and I wasted little time getting my butt in one of them. So comfortable and so relaxing!



Soon, we packed everyone into the car and headed to Tignish Shore to put our feet in the sea and enjoy the sand. It was beautiful and seemed like it was out of a movie.





After collecting seashells and playing on the beach, we headed to a local cooperative market where we bought some groceries. Then, it was back to the house for some lunch.
After lunch, we once again got into the car and headed up to the Northernmost part of Western PEI. The wind was so strong that it felt like it could sweep us all into the ocean! G. and K. saw many Inukshuks that had been built and decided to try their hands at making their own. They did pretty well!










We traveled back to the house to enjoy some corn on the cob and some poutine for dinner. The kids had never had poutine and, despite our best efforts, didn't like it much. Oh well!
Now, we are hanging out in the family room, relaxing and planning tomorrow's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment