We generally had an earlier start to our day as everyone was up before 9:30am today. As per usual, we puttered about the house for a long while before we began to make any plans. We taught the twins how to play Spoons (the card game) and we had tons of laughs playing together. We then had a Facetime date with Gramma and Grampa, which is always a hit with the kids. Afterwards, J. and I tried to negotiate an earlier departure date with our hotel. We are scheduled to leave PEI on Friday, but we are all a little homesick and ready to head home. However, no hotels on the way home have availability, so it looks like we must sit tight and make the best of our time here until Friday.
I decided to cook a bunch of the food we have left here so that we don't waste anything. By 1:30, I had cooked three veggie breasts of chicken, had made a potato salad with some delicious PEI potatoes, had cooked a huge batch of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower, and had marinated and baked a block of tofu in a maple/beer marinade. I felt good about that little bout of productivity.
While all that food was being made, I also packed two bags of swim stuff in preparation for a trip to Mill River Fun Park. Today's high was 22 with a high wind, so we knew it would be a cool jaunt, but braved it anyway. I was adamant that I would try to be on the slides and in the pool as much as the kids and I was! Despite how cold the water and how frozen I felt, I forced myself to be as excited about the water park as the kids were. J. also braved the water slides for the first time and I think the twins appreciated our enthusiasm.
After our time in the water, we all agreed to head to the bumper boats, then change into dry clothes to play a game of mini putt before we left the park. We all warmed up considerably as a result.
I had been wanting to get some hair clips for K. and for me for the last week. We both have some wisps that need some clips to tame. So, on the way back to the cottage, we stopped at a little store and got some as well as a few activity books for the long drive home on Friday.
We made it back to the cottage by about 5:00pm and spent the rest of the evening feeding Special Guest apples, playing in the yard, having dinner, playing cards, and watching a movie.
I only have one photo on my phone from today and it is of the kids and I in bed. Almost every night that we have been here, we tuck the kids into bed (they choose to sleep in the same room despite there being enough rooms for everyone) and then, a half hour later, they come and find me in my bed to snuggle. I know that this is a fleeting thing, so I always welcome them. I will never again be loved by them as much as I am now and I relish every second.
No comments:
Post a Comment