Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Fun

Our wonderful weekend is over and it always seems to fly by too quickly. The babies (can I still call them babies, though they are now considered toddlers?) and I LOVE having J. home with us because it means that no one is left on their own for any length of time. It is so great. SO great.
On Saturday, we made our way to the park across the street for some sliding fun:
Photobucket

Photobucket
These super-cute outfits were given to us by our dear friend Suzen who has boy/girl twins of her own - I was SOOOO happy when the babies could finally fit into them.  Thanks, Suzen!!  The babies wore them ALL weekend because they are so very warm and snuggly!!
Photobucket
My boy and me.  There are no words to describe my love for him.

On Saturday afternoon, we decided to challenge our taste buds at a local Chili Contest. There were 24 competitors and J. and I tried all of them. Yes, this vegetarian ate all kinds of chili!! I was sick on Saturday night, but it was worth it. My vote was for number three and J. voted for number five. Not sure who won.

Photobucket
The cook-off was held in a tiny town just East of us.  It had a real down-home feel.
Photobucket
My happy Wing Man!
Photobucket
Chick was upset that she had to be carried.  All she wanted to do was run through the crowd. 
Photobucket
Pea is never unhappy to be carried.  He loves every second of being held.

Today, we ventured out to the Toronto Zoo because teachers and a guest were granted free admission! Since the babies were free we only had to pay for parking, so it was a wonderful way to spend a beautiful Autumn day for next to nothing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chick was allowed to have her soother because she was sick with a cold.  Otherwise, she only has it in her crib. 
Photobucket

Okay, so the water heater broke...again. The kitchen faucet finally clunked out on us and our plasma TV is completely wrecked. So, it wasn't all great, but nothing was going to ruin our weekend. Cold showers, no TV and leaky faucets are no match for this family!

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! I was just saying today that weekends are NEVER long enough! We also went out as a family today (I was craving togetherness) and I loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos..
    Sounds like a great weekend.. except for the little bad things..
    but as for the babies.. I call my 20 year old my baby.. they will always be..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Sounds like a LOVELY weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I love the little outfits, they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for great weekends. Blah for house issues. I hope all are better soon especially Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do they make those outfits in adult sizes? I'd like 2 please!

    I can't believe you ate red meat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful way to spend a fall weekend!

    Sorry to hear so many things bit the dust this weekend. Why do they always happen in 3's? Thankfully your 3 are over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you say "bliss?" LOUD! <3

    ReplyDelete