Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hi. I Just Made These. Also, I Didn't Burn Them!

Photobucket

I halved the recipe and it made exactly 30 cookies. They are delicious and not a drop of sugar went into them. I used Agave Nectar which is lower on the glycemic index than honey or sugar. The twins gave them their stamps of approval!
Photobucket
Pea's Sushi Bib courtesy of Auntie Dolores.
Photobucket
Please excuse Chick's appearance.  A lasagna tried to eat her for lunch.

Here is the full recipe (yielding 60 cookies) from the Weelicious Site:

1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick), softened
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar OR 1/2 Cup Honey

1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats

1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
Jam, Jelly or Preserves

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place the butter and agave (or honey) in a bowl or standing mixer and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and beat another minute on medium speed or until smooth.

4. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix to combine.

5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to incorporate.
6. Drop 1 tbsp of the cookie dough onto a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet and using your thumb (or index finger if you prefer), make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
7. Fill the indentation of each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Cool and serve.

P.S.  Chick is doing much better now that the antibiotics have kicked in.  She is a back to her happy, adventurous ways!

9 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww and look at how content they are. Good for you for cooking. Honestly, it is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used the oven AGAIN!! What is up with that??

    Those pictures are GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm!! These sound delicious! Looks like Hannah and I have a new recipe to try thanks to Auntie K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound really yummy. I will have to give that recipe a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete