Sunday, September 19, 2010
No Ordinary Saturday Afternoon
It wasn't about the apples. It wasn't about playing in the games area.
It was about experiencing another dream come true.
How many people get to live their dreams? Not many, I assume.
I know the orchard was packed with people.
I don't remember seeing anyone but J., Chick and Pea.
I know we picked apples.
I guided the tiniest hands up toward branches.
I know that parents were yelling instructions to their children in the play area.
I couldn't hear anything but the giggles of Chick and Pea on the tractors.
I know we spent a fortune on apples we will hardly be able to finish.
Each time I pass my kitchen table, I smile. Another dream come true.
Labels:
Chick,
Milestones,
Parenting,
Pea,
Things I Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sigh… a dream of yours come true is for me as well. So, so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't sound grammatically correct, but you get my meaning...
ReplyDeleteNice. I imagine lots of apple crisp in your future.
ReplyDeleteonly a joy a mother can know.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you :).
ReplyDeleteI totally get what you are saying! Love the smiles on everyone's face :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic day for you all! Dreams DO come true!!
ReplyDeleteI love how kids takes bites from everywhere on an apple - no rhyme or reason to it.
What a beautiful dream!!
ReplyDeleteCUTE!!! CUTE!!! CUTE!!!
SO great! I love love love that we are both so happy and get to experience things we never thought we would.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
I'm TOTALLY sighing over that post. I LOVE your gratitude for your children. It just...oozes out of you. And rest assured, they know it too. How absolutely, wonderful TREASURED they are. It's just so heart warming. Sigh again. My extremely hormonal self is tearing up. And yet another sigh.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. A poetry tale of a beautiful family ~ Now get in the kitchen and make some homemade apple pie ;) or cut the apples into shapes and have the kids do a painting with the shapes so that you can keep the apples in some way. I will never forget this blog...
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photos..
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great day..
Hugz..
Have a great week..
What an amazing day of dreams coming true! Nothing sweeter than those apples with teeny, tiny bites taken out of them and you adorable little kiddos wandering through the orchards.
ReplyDelete*sigh* I know it well!
crockpot applesauce?
ReplyDeleteI love seeing dreams come true. And I totally get where you are coming from. Cute video! :D
ReplyDelete