Last year on this day, I was knee deep in "Holy-cow-what-have-we-gotten-ourselves-into-with-these-three-week-old-energy-suckers?". I didn't spend a great deal time really discussing how difficult raising infant twins was because I was just so grateful to have them and to finally be a mother. I never wanted to come across as ungrateful or whiny. But those first few months...sometimes we're not sure how we survived.
This morning, on this first day of school, I really wanted to be out in the neighbourhood soaking up the energy of the parents and children on their way to school. So, I loaded the babies up in their cars and off we went. I loved the crisp morning air and the sun shining warmly on us.
A welcomed sight for many parents.
This is the school in which Chick and Pea be registered in a few years.
I loved seeing this police officer across the street from the school with his radar gun. The babies and I went over to thank him for being there.
We hoped that he wouldn't give us a ticket.
We then went to the park to play.
I hope the babies will always be this happy on the first day of school.









They should have gotten tickets… for being WAY TOO CUTE!!! Seriously, it should be against the law.
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT way to start the new year!
ReplyDeleteToday always feels like the new year - more so than January 1.
Very glad you were out and enjoyed the day - how could you not with those super cute kiddos!!
I love the new look too!
ReplyDeleteWho are those little people running around, and driving cars? Beep beep!
ReplyDeleteSuch cuteness in the neighbourhood! How fun to be out and about this morning taking in all the excitement of the first day of school. Such fun!!
ReplyDeleteThought about stopping by with a box of tissues to dry your tears...NOT and realized a bottle 'o bubbly would probably be more appropriate for you. Diet Coke of course! :o)
Such adorable pics of your sweet kiddos taking advantage of the beautiful day and having the park to themselves.
The twins are toooo cute..
ReplyDeleteLove the photos..
Looks like a great day..
Hugz.
It is a great feeling I am sure. Esp. seeing the start of school with your sweet loves.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
Glad to see that the babies are wearing their seatbelts. I hope they obeyed all the traffic laws. :-)
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing worse than watching some idiot speed through a school zone. ANYONE who has ever even been around a small child knows that they don't necessarily think before doing something. EVEN when you have taught them over and over not to do something, they still might just run out in front of a car. My great grandpa hit a child this way. He ran out from between two cars and my grandpa killed him. He spiralled into a deep depression for a very long time. On his deathbed, he mentioned that child. Makes me so sad. And so angry to see people driving that fast. Um...anyway...that was a bit of a tirade. Sorry about that. :-)
So you didn't say if they have drivers licenses for those cars? And insurance? If not they definitely deserves tickets.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete