When I look at Pea (and I spend A LOT of time studying his every feature - not to mention Chick's as well) I see the most beautiful, heartbreakingly stunning boy I have ever seen in my life. Now, I realize that every mother thinks her children are the most beautiful in the world and I am not oblivious to this fact. Pea is beautiful in all possible ways and I will always reserve the right to say so.
My little Pea is a trooper; he was born with pneumonia, he struggled through almost three full months of painful colic, and he suffered from horrible stomach cramps while waiting for his digestive system to develop fully.
Soon after his birth, we became aware of another issue he would have to face. Pea has Ptosis. I mention it here because of a couple of comments I've received about him that I thought were surprising and disappointing. He is not sleepy, he is not dopey, he has a congenital condition that causes his right eyelid to droop. While we do see it on any given day, it is mostly apparent when he is tired or after he's been crying. Some days it is very noticeable and others, not so much.
We will soon meet with a specialist to discuss treatment options for Pea (we've been waiting on this appointment for four months). While we happen to think he is perfect as he is now, Ptosis could lead to serious issues with his vision if not treated. I hate thinking that he may have to endure more pain and suffering, but my motto lately has been "Short term yuck for long term gain".
This kid seriously rocks my world. That face...that smile...those eyes...that hair...oops! Hair will come in time...


He is beautiful. So is Chick. I love staring at my baby.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you get your appointment soon and that things get sorted. I hadn't noticed any problem but I've only seen Pea in photos. Lots of love. xoxo
Ki and K2
ReplyDeleteAs Grampa to Chick and Pea I also think that they are the most beautiful babies in the world and my wallet is thick with pictures to share with all my friends. I too was disappointed and surprised by some of the comments found about Pea following a few of your blogs. After following your blog for several years and having gotten to know some of your blogger friends I have to believe that no harm was intended and his latest issue to deal with was not known by many because, as you said, it is not always obvious depending on several factors on any particular day. Pea will survive the "Short term Yuck", and so will Mom and Dad and you will continue to be THEIR biggest cheerleaders.
Love
Grampa
Gorgeous little man! Ask him if he'd be willing to escort two ladies to the prom in about 10 years, ok? :-)
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I love the new pictures in your header!
ReplyDeleteI think Pea is almost the cutest and almost the most perfect boy baby in the world!! I MIGHT have seen only one cuter than him.
He is a trooper and I hope that his treatment is quick and painless.
He looks so sly and happy in the second picture!
Yet another post depicting what wonderful caring parents you guys are. Your children are gorgeous, no doubt about it.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone is sleepy or dopey it must be their parents. lol
I too think Pea happens to be one of the cutest little guys around. He's a fighter, always has been and with you both for parents I know he will just thrive!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you have gotten negative comments.
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say I did not notice.
Lurker coming out to say I have been reading your blog off a link from someones (not sure who) and have to honestly say I never noticed anything different about Pea's eyes till you pointed it out. Your babies are ADORABLE and I so enjoy reading and see how much they have grown in 6 short months. I love your monthly pictures with the stuff animals (great idea:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your babies and thanks for sharing with me:)
I had no clue about Pea either. But I DO think he is adorable. To the "enth" degree!
ReplyDeleteHe truly is adorable! I would never have guessed there was a problem with his eye.
ReplyDeleteoh i know your feeling! i look at my girl and seriously think I'm NOT biased in saying she is the most stunning child i've ever laid eyes on... but surely, i am biased too. and it isn't just her gorgeous face, but this SHINING spirit. her courage, her determination, her lovable, cuddly, empathetic and affectionate nature. i know, here i am going on an on about her.
ReplyDeleteglad you guys are seeing the specialist and doing what's best for your adorable little man. i hate all that M-n-M has to face, but know ultimately it will be for her benefit.
He is the most perfect little pea ever!! And....love the hat!!
ReplyDeleteHe is simply the best and all of him makes him the wonderful little man that he is!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
He is such a handsome fella! A total heartbreaker!
ReplyDeleteThe droop in his eyelid is so slight - I can barely tell! I hope it is corrected easily and quickly!
Your loveable cuddly man is totally amazing and the sweetest ever!! You can imagine how Hannah's face lights up when she sees pictures of her special friends Chick and Pea!!
ReplyDeleteI have been following for some time now. In awe most times I arrive with my son who is 14. Here is where love stands in its truest form. Four souls united and sharing pure joy. There is bliss in all tales of Pea and Chick. THIS is what is strong to us for. The ways in which they make our hearts pound and our bellies giggle with laughter. Trust in ourselves and Pea will have all that he requires and more.
ReplyDelete