Tuesday, May 4, 2010

*Those* Kids

We registered the babies in a Sign Language class which runs every Tuesday afternoon in May. Thankfully, our good friend Catherine registered Hannah as well, so it's another excuse for us to get together during the week (we see each other on Fridays at music class).

There were a good number of moms and babies in the class (maybe 20 or so) and we all sat in a circle to learn some signs through music and story-telling. Almost all of the babies sat dutifully on the laps of or near their mommies, while Chick, Pea and Hannah were a little more "social". Yes, we are moms to "those" kids. 

I'm not quite sure what Hannah was up to (although I did see her try to make a break for the hallway a couple of times) but Chick and Pea were in plain sight.  While everyone else was learning the signs for "Old MacDonald" Chick was eating a glue stick (I got to her in time to fish the cap out of her mouth) and Pea was licking the bottom of someone's flip flops.  Classy.

During the class the moms and babies made a craft and it is the first to grace our refrigerator.  We traced the babies' hands and then curled the middle fingers down to display the universal sign for "love".  How cute is this?
While many mothers are working on signing goals for next class, I will be working on ways to keep the toxins out of my kids' mouths.  We are a work in progress.

8 comments:

  1. You know I am huge proponent of sign language. Have fun with it; it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong to laugh at what your "those" kids are eating??

    Maybe you should feed them before you leave home?? I'm just saying...

    Better luck next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, we are the moms of 'those kids'! Heh.... Remember a couple of months back when they sat dutifully on our laps? Boring!! ;o)

    You wondered what Hannah was doing? Well, when she wasn't trying to escape the room she was busy knocking down the house the 4yo sibling of a baby built and said 4yo was telling the teacher on my child! Oye vey...only 14months old and already being tattled on. Was it wrong of me to want to take out the 4yo? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Our babies would get on. I caught Boo Ba licking the bottom of my shoes and later pulling the charger out of my lap top and trying to put it in his mouth. He also chewed a hole in one of my sweaters while I was wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know that Briana was one of "those" kids when she was a baby. I'm sure you remember reading all about it. So, you know I feel your pain. LOL!

    Love their little craft - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tee hee. A little dirt never hurt anyone....glue? Well, that's a different story....:-) Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling! I lurve the craft!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! A sign of things to come???

    ReplyDelete