Fevers are no fun whatsoever. Yesterday the babies and I went for a long stroll outside (we walked for an hour and a half) and they both slept pretty much the entire time we were in the sunshine and cool air. When we got home, Chick woke up fairly soon, but Pea slept for a long while afterward. I finally had to wake Pea to feed and he didn't finish his bottle (which is unlike him). For the rest of the day, Pea just wasn't himself and he finally fell asleep on K2 at about 7:00pm. I fed him at 9:00 and put him to bed for the night. He woke hourly and when I would go in to check on him, I noticed that he felt warm, but attributed the warmth to his polar fleece sleep sack. By 2:00am, he was crying uncontrollably and when I picked him up out of his crib, it was clear to me that he had a temperature. It was fairly low grade at that time, but by 7:30 this morning it had risen higher. He's also only had about 7 ounces of milk since 2:00am. Poor thing.
Since I knew that sickness can spread quickly among twins, I took Chick's temperature after she seemed quite cranky and low and behold, she has a temperature as well. Both babies are asleep right now and I am spent. Two feverish babies makes for a LONG day alone. It's hard to soothe them both at the same time when they are so clingy. K2 will be home in less than two hours and then we will each take a child for the night and we will all feel better knowing that no one will have to wait to be held.
Wish us luck!

Oh, I KNOW! I'm so sorry your bundles are suffering with fever! Poor little ones! I hope they get better soon! And that Momma doesn't have a nervous breakdown. Or any breakdown....;-)
ReplyDeleteI hope that Chick and Pea are feeling MUCH better soon.
ReplyDeleteDouble CRAP!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that the twins are under the weather.
I am sorry that you are home all day with two under the weather babes...
I feel a sick day coming on for K2!
I hope they get better REAL soon!!
Poor babies and poor mamma!
ReplyDeleteI hope they feel better soon. Hugs!
So sorry for the germies K family. I hope it isn't anything serious and that everyone can get a good night's sleep.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your OH SOOOO CUTE sick babies..
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how hard it was..
Love ya girly..
Have a great week..
Hugs..
Good luck, my friend!
ReplyDeleteGet well, babies!!!
Fevers are yucky and scary! Hope both babies (and mommy and daddy) are now resting comfortably.
ReplyDelete