Monday, December 21, 2009

Vietnam and Growth

I saw this on another twin blog and laughed fully out loud (I've edited it here because it had profanity).
"A friend of mine is the father of 22 year old boy twins and when I was pregnant he warned me that having twins would kick my butt. Ha ha, I’m sure, I said.
A few months ago I told him, I know you said it would kick my butt, but shoot, this is really kicking my butt hard. I’ve been around, done a lot of things. I’ve worked in psych hospitals, crisis centers, juvenile detention, toured in a rock band. Did a lot of hardcore stuff, you know? This doesn’t come close to any of that.
He said, My dear, I was in COMBAT in Viet freaking Nam. Having twins? Harder."
Yes, being the parents of twins is challenging in every way possible. I have never been as tired as I am on a daily basis, have never been as busy as I am, have never had such a messy house, but have also never ever been as happy. It's all worth it.

The babies had their four month check up today and, subsequently, their second round of immunizations. So sad to hear them cry so loudly. Actually, Pea cried only a little, but Chick cried for what seemed like an eternity. Sigh.

Growth Stats at Four Months:

Chick:
Birthweight: 6lbs 7 oz
Today: 13lbs 12oz

Length at Birth: 19.5 inches
Today: 25 inches

Pea:
Birthweight: 5lbs 15oz
Today: 14lbs 1oz


Length at Birth: 19 inches
Today: 24 inches

They are growing rapidly and the doctor was pleased with their development.  We were given the green light to start rice cereal tomorrow and then fruits and veggies in a few weeks.   It's all happening too quickly for my liking. 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos.. and so glad they are doing sooo well..
    I can't imagine two little ones at the same age.. but oh sooo worth every second..
    hugs..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible check-ups! They're getting SO big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible check-ups! They're getting SO big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not having twins, but being very close friends with three mommas who DO have twins... I think you are right, my dear. All I can say is that it seems to get better - albeit slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your sweeties grow!

    My hat's off to you friend! One tuckers me out. Cannot begin to imagine two!!

    Happy to hear they're doing so well! Looking forward to some fun videos as they begin to eat cereal, fruit and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! They are growing so beautifully!

    I can't even imagine how hard it is to have twins! Looks like you are handling everything like a rock star though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude, that is seriously funny! I am not the mother of twins, but I made my career looking after twins/triplets for almost 20 years and it is HARD WORK!

    You seem to have a handle on it and before you know it you will actually get a full nights sleep! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great that they are doing so well. And yeah for rice cereal for Christmas. That will be one great holiday meal.

    ReplyDelete