All this said, there have been some things that have proven difficult. Dinner is one. Over the past few months, K2 and I have struggled at the dinner hour to put together and eat substantial meals. Cereal, toast, rice, and frozen pizza have been our mainstays and we usually have had to trade off times in order to mow down. All of that changed, however, with the introduction of Baby Ein.stein DVDs sent to us by my dear friend, M2.
Last night, we popped in a DVD and sat the babies on the couch to watch while K2 and I made dinner just a few feet away. It was the cutest! We placed Pea's Lovey in between the babies so that their heads wouldn't bonk together.
But, a few minutes later, the Lovey had been thrown off and this is what we saw:
Sigh...cutest thing ever.
We are in the grips of the first winter storm of the season. Through the night, the sleet ticked against our windows and the wind howled. I was worried that the babies would wake, but they slept soundly through it. I am SO grateful that we are safe and warm and don't have to head out in the yuck that is today. K2 had to brave the storm to get to work, but he is ecstatic because it means that he gets to use his brand new snow blower bought just a few weeks ago (he's weird like that).
It's a day for hot chocolate, warm cookies and snuggling under cozy blankets with my beautiful babies.





OH.MY.DAWG that is the cutest picture EVER of tilting babies!
ReplyDeleteCutest.babies.ever.
ReplyDeleteTOOOO CUTE>.
ReplyDeleteLove it..
Stay warm..
hugs..
Yeah for solutions to life's little problems. And I so love seeing Pea leanign against his sister, sort of like saying "I don't want anything between us."
ReplyDeleteLOVE the tilting babies!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed your cuddle day!
I love their side-by-side noggins. They look like melons. They are the best!
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures.
ReplyDeleteso freakin cute.