Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tea Party

A beautiful tea house opened up in our town a few months ago and though I have had the opportunity to enjoy tea there a few times with friends, today I wanted to share it with K2.
You see, the thing about this tea house is that it is very civilized. One enters to a beautiful decor of deep browns and rich yellows, of high tables and Poe, Keats and Blake lining the bookshelves. One orders from the 50 or so tea leaf varieties housed in glass jars along one wall and is presented with a rather large tea pot of steeped "Lovers Leap", "Red Door" or whatever else your little heart desires. Like honey in your tea? Be prepared to be given a glass cup of fresh honey. See? All very civilized and much more classy than the two glasses of wine with a side of Mike and Ikes we had had for dinner a night ago.
Sadly, the tea room was closed today. I lamented to K2 about how much I wanted to share this with him (he likes tea a great deal) then went upstairs to dry my hair.

When I came downstairs again, this is what I saw:
We enjoyed two cups each of piping hot Orange Pekoe, discussed classy things like who was winning the football game that was playing on the television at the time (hey, a girl can only ask for so much, right?) and whether or not Bear should be allowed to lay across the kitchen table like he was (we like to pretend that we have a say in what Bear does). Okay, so we're not as civilized as we'd like to think, but at least the will is there.

Hope you enjoyed as lovely a Sunday as we did.  Catherine, let me know when you are free for our tea date!  This week is all clear for me!

16 comments:

  1. Awww....sweet. Sound lovely..then again there is nothing wrong with a night of wine and Mike & Ike here and there ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is K2 for doing that!

    While I love tea, I'd probably take the wine over that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEA? Did someone say TEA? I'm there! :-)

    I think that K2 is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good show, Old Chap! What a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job K2! What a beautiful, fine looking tea room you created for your love. The fact that you installed wireless in your lovely establishment is an added bonus!

    This week looks clear for me too K1! Even this evening I'd be available for tea if you desire as I'm available early, before you and I turn into pumpkins at 7:00. :o)

    I'll check my social calendar throughout the day to see if this works for you. Heehee...it's fun chatting about tea time although it's proving to be a little challenging typing with my baby finger in the air like all propah ladies drink tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I wonder what civilized things you would have talked about had the tea shop been open?

    Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - you guys make me laugh! what a sweetheart K2 is setting up your very own tea party at home. Love it!

    k

    P.S. Are you sure you want to take Catherine to a "civilized" tea room??? LOL - sorry Catherine - couldn't resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...tea parties for adults!?!? We are SO going next time I am visiting you!

    K2 is da bomb! Have a crumpet for me!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet is that!! You caught yourself a good one there in K2!!

    Enjoy your tea with Catherine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful high tea to me, Bear would be more than welcome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! It sounds to me like K2 is a keeper for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet guy! I love a nice tea house. It's such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a real gem there with K2. Glad you were able to share some time with your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. which has the Bailey's again? You know, in case I'm ever around those parts...

    I don't so much care if my huz sets up the tea (K2 is earning bonus points for sure, and I personally am so jaded, I'd think if my huz did that, he bought something from Canadian Tire and is sucking up, but that's just MY life,but clearly your huz is attentive to your emotional wellbeing)
    BUT I do care if he cleans up the set of dirty tea cup and loads the dishwasher. If you write that K2 does that, I'll just poke you in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh very strange to see a tea party on your blog, when I just posted about ours!! AA and I enjoyed tea on Monday! You can check out our pictures.

    Yours looks very nice and classy! I hope to have them often with AA. Go K2!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete