I didn't want that sad post to stay up at the top of my blog and decided to focus my energy into other, more productive ways; namely, I'm swiping Janet's famous "Kick in the Pants" style post for this freak-show we call Monday. I'm not as sweet as Janet, so my version will be called, "A Nose Flick With a Side of Arse Punch". Enjoy.
1. A Nose Flick With a Side of Arse Punch if you are raising your kids to feel entitled. Entitlement is RAMPANT in my school and I cannot get over how many students expect things to be handed to them on a silver platter. Make sure your kids are volunteering, giving their time (not just their money) to others. Make sure they are GRATEFUL for what they have, for the education they have, for the ability to breathe in and out without the need for a respirator, etc.
2. A Nose Flick With a Side of Arse Punch if you make excuses for your children when a teacher calls your home to report humiliating and RUDE behavior. DO NOT tell the teacher that you have no idea what to do with them. It's called CONSISTENCY, STRUCTURE AND CONSEQUENCES! Look into it!
3. A Nose Flick With a Side of Arse Punch if you leave your dogs outside during freezing cold temperatures. Just because they have fur doesn't mean they can't die of hypothermia. If you don't want the dog in the house, give it to someone who WILL take care of it. If you want security, buy an alarm system, not a dog.
4. A Triple Nose Flick With a Side of Double Arse Punch if you treat the custodians at your place of work like second class citizens. How about learning their names? How about saying hello? How about not expecting them to pick up after you? How about not thinking you are so much better than everyone else? You are JUST a teacher. You are JUST a doctor. You are JUST a business owner. GET OVER YOURSELF.
5. A Nose Flick With a Side of Arse Punch if you eat all of your office mate's Chocolate Fiber One Bars over the course of a week, then bring in a case of water to "even" the score. WATER DOES NOT EQUAL THE CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS OF THE FIBER ONE BARS!
Okay, all better now. It's been quite a Monday and I'm in need of some rest.
Sounds like you and I had the same kind of Monday. Ugh. One of THOSE days....
ReplyDelete1) No kidding! I was ranting and raving at my kids the other day because I saw them mistreating their toys. I was all..." Do you KNOW that children in Africa have a toy TIRE to play with, THAT'S IT?" It went on forever. It REALLY bugs me when they think they just deserve everything because they simply exist. I am trying SO hard to teach them not to be like that!!!!!!
2) Excusing children's behaviour teaches them nothing but abdication of responsibility. I would rather blame my kid once in a while for something he/she did not do (unintentionally, mind you...) than excuse away crappy behaviour.
3) NO KIDDING! I hate seeing a dog outside in the cold. Or in a HOT CAR! Arg!!!!
4) If you treat ANYONE like second class citizens. Like the server at the restaurant. Or your hotel doorman, or...whoever!
5) Um....stealing chocolate should be punishable by death.
Good post. With an extra side of nose-flicking on the side. LOL!
Amen to all of that, sistas..both you AND Janet.
ReplyDeleteI am particularly fond of #1 at the moment for some odd reason but every single one of them is a top notch arse kick, nose flick and limburger popsicle winner.
Damn them all!
ReplyDeleteSay it sister! True, true words!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
I can't believe someone would have the NERVE to eat your food. AND to think that water makes up for it. You don't even like water!!
ReplyDeleteWhat about TWO boxes of bars to 'even' the score!!!
AND - I agree with the other stuff too!
Oooh, me likey.
ReplyDeleteI was told a couple weeks ago that Sugarlips scratched a boy. She had to talk with the teacher and sit out recess. I said, "You should have made her miss the next recess too!" The teacher said, "She will miss one if she does it again." I said, "Good!"
Then we had a long talk at home.
My daughter is entitled. Entitled to losing priveleges and getting in big trouble if she is out of line!!!
Double nose-flicking cudoes to all 1-5! Raise the kids as a PARENT, not a friend!!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way... have you ever visited this woman?
www.ishouldbefoldinglaundry.com
I'm, of course, not sure if you'd get something out of reading her blog, but... just in case you would.
More hugs!
Chocolate at school stays under lock and key. Don't people understand that chocolate is not a sweet! It's a warm sandy beach, or a cozy fire with a mug of hot chocolate, maybe even a good glass of Pinot. ESPECIALLY after a parent phone call where NOTHING is accomplished because 'apples don't fall far from the tree!'
ReplyDeleteGreat Post!!
Good post. Hope Tuesday is better.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya'! I don't get people sometimes. They deserve a punch in the nose too.
ReplyDeleteyou're turning so hostile and jaded.
ReplyDeleteI am getting turned on.
Must start frequenting you again.
I am sympatico with everything you said. People are out to lunch these days about respect.
Our office cleaners are named Sheila and Suman. They come in early for us to entertain them. I even clean up my own blood spills so they don't have to. Now that's courtesy!
Our mailcarrier is Kevin and we give him treats for his Retriever.
Our trash collector is Bill and he gets beer at Xmas.
My favorite Sobey's check out girl is Louise. She has a huge hemangioma on her face and people avoid her line up. Too bad. I put in several good words for her at work. She got a raise. And then finished school and went into accounting.
Everyone needs to be acknowledged and greeted with happiness.
Lord knows I need it. I am crabby as they come.