Friday, I did something that I NEVER do...I went home right after school. I'm pretty sure I elbowed a few students fighting my way out the doors, but it was all for a good cause. You see, I was meeting Tanya in Kingston (which is the half-way point between our two cities) to see Twilight and I couldn't wait to get on the road.
Tanya had ordered our movie tickets online (for the 9:30 pm viewing) and had picked them up prior to heading to the hotel that afternoon. We decided that we ought to get to the theater early since we figured there would be huge lines, so we arrived at 8:15 or so. At that time, the line extended from inside the movie theater right OUTSIDE and down the road! It was -7 degrees Celsius (19 degrees Fahrenheit) and anyone who knows me knows that I am ALWAYS cold even on the warmest of days. So, there was NO WAY I was going to stand outside for an hour. The ticket person told us that we could exchange our tickets for the 10:10 pm movie as the line for that viewing was still inside the building. It didn't take much convincing for either of us to make that decision. So, we had to wait a little longer, but at least we did so inside the building with our hot coffees in hand.
The movie was fun. I have read some reviews today that are less than stellar, but people...come on! Twilight is not "great literature". It's a fun teen series that has captured so many of our hearts. I shake my head at those who expected Oscar-worthy material. We both enjoyed the movie very much and can't wait for the rest of the sequels to be made.
Yesterday, we headed out for a lovely breakfast, then spent the day shopping. After all was said and done and on the way back to the hotel parking lot where Tanya's car was still parked, she said that she was going to miss me. I said, "Really?" and she said, "I love you...unfortunately". That's what I do, folks; I make it so that people can't help but to love me despite their better judgment. It's something of which I am quite proud. You know you want to love me. Just give in.
It happens to others too?? Yup friend....love ya....fortunately! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI love you, too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to share a fun event with your BFF.
:-)
You are so stinkin' cute...a veritable love fest...regretably ;0)
ReplyDeleteLove ya, damnit!
ReplyDeleteI only said that because you gave me such a headache with all the laughing! ;P
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised I didn't bust something up in there.
It's so fun to go away with a girlfriend! When I went to Boston with my best friend, we laughed so hard we ... well... let's just leave it at We laughed so hard!
ReplyDeleteI liked the movie.
ReplyDeleteIt would have been more fun with a good friend.
She is right as are you.
ReplyDeleteMiss you. Love you cause ya make it so easy to.
Keep smilin!
I haven't heard of the movie, I'll have to look it up. I do agree that your easy to love. I didn't realize it was somthing you did on purpose ;-/
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the movie too. I thought they missed too much from the book though.
ReplyDeleteYou make it easy to love you!!
Great line... although it didn't sound like a "line." I do need to read these books, I guess. Then see the movie.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time at the movie. And you do make it easy to love you!
ReplyDeleteMiss you a bunch!
You just inspire a big ole love fest, don'tcha
ReplyDelete