I was caught off guard today.
One year ago I was pregnant with twins. I was worried, but happy that I held life inside me and wanted nothing more than to surround myself with positivity. I joined "Babycenter" to track my babies' progress day by day and to learn of their development by the minute. Eight weeks later, I miscarried.
Christmas came and went and I felt lonelier than I ever could have imagined.
Weekends away with friends, amid 20+ people was more isolating than I could have imagined.
July - The due date of these two babies came and went.
All the while, I forgot to unsubscribe from Babycenter.
Today, in my inbox, Babycenter decided to send me some tips on how best to bathe baby.
I should have three and a half month old twins. I should have.
I read the entire email, then marked it as spam. I didn't cry.
Not one tear.
I have one more due date to get through. December 19th. I wonder if I will cry then.
I unsubscribed today.
Proof is below.
One day at a time.



1000 hugs for you.
ReplyDeleteOne day at a time - even an hour at a time, if you have to.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry. My heart is with you.
ReplyDeleteNo words to offer enough comfort.
ReplyDeleteHugs
x((squeesses))x
ReplyDeleteSo, so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh. What a terrible reminder of such a sad event. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and K2. You both deserve so much better than this.
ReplyDeleteSending you a big hug...
ReplyDeleteI had a similar experience a number of years ago when MotherRisk called me to ask if I wanted my baby to be involved in a study (I had called them early in my pregnancy to ask some questions). It was a very unnerving experience --
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and K2
Cari
I had something similar happen. It's hard. It hurts. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
I think of your babies a lot.
ReplyDeleteWe were supposed to go through this together.
I feel guilty sometimes. I'm no more worthy than you
I'm sorry.
I wish I had the right words to comfort you.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. Reminders everywhere.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) sweetie. Big, giant, humungeous HUGS.
ReplyDeleteLove you. xo