Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Fair

Last Saturday, we were invited to share a day at the Markham Fair with Catherine and Hannah.  We had a great time eating fair food, browsing the displays, eating fair food, strolling through the crowds, eating fair food, playing in the kids area, eating fair food and eating fair food.  Yum!

Photobucket
Pea:  I love this bulldozer!  I'm going to go and see if Hannah and Chick want to help me play with it.
Photobucket
Pea:  Hey guys!  Come over here and we can play with this cool bulldozer.
Hannah:  Oooohhh...metal!
Chick:  I can probably escape through here.
Photobucket
Chick:  Here comes Pea again.  Quick!  Pretend you're filling this bucket with sand.
Hannah:  Ugh...I ate so much Fair Food that my pants unsnapped!  Why did my Mommy put me in SNAPS of ALL days!  STRETCHY pants, Mommy!  STRETCHY pants!
Photobucket
Pea:  Hey guys!  Really!  Look at this cool bulldozer.  It's so fun!
Hannah:  Did he see us?
Chick:  Keep filling!
Photobucket
Pea:  Guys?
Hannah:  I'm just going to slowly walk away and hope he doesn't see me.
Chick:  This bucket needs MORE SAND!
Photobucket
Pea: Okay, well I can see that you're busy, but if you want to play with it I'll just be over here. You know, all by myself.

Oh, the sadness of being a boy amid the girls.
Luckily, Daddy was there to make him feel better:




Fall Fair from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.

The babies had all just had their first taste of the famous Tiny Tom Donuts (I think Pea ate 5 and Chick ate 4).  Needless to say, they were kind of loopy from all the sugar.

A great day!  Thanks, Catherine for the invitation.  More pictures can be seen here.

10 comments:

  1. So cute!!!

    BTW - How do you keep shoes on Chick and Pea? The only shoes I can keep on Boo Ba are the soft leather ones with the elasticated ankles. Can't keep "real" shoes on him for even a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your photo commentaries!! We are laughing out loud here!!

    Who could not like Tiny Tim Donuts!

    Looks like a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! They're just getting bigger and bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! I too love the play by play commentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch that shoulder time! lol ~ Dad may not have any hair left after the pulling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great time! I love seeing the kids together. What are TTDonuts? Never had them.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great time! I love seeing the kids together. What are TTDonuts? Never had them.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Your running dialogue had me giggling out loud! Poor Pea! Looks like he had the last laugh though as he went for a run on daddy's shoulders.

    Sweet, sweet memories. Can't wait for the next time we build more! Love how our little ones are growing up together as cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the commentary was as adorable as the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the notes. And fair food is definitely yummy.

    ReplyDelete