Friday, October 29, 2010

Chickadee

Dear Chick,

I love you. Why, for the love of everything holy, have you made it your mission this week to make me sick? At first, I was so excited because you were actually seeking me out for snuggles and cuddles (things you typically save for Daddy). Then, I realized you were only nuzzling your goobery face against my neck, clothes, pant legs, etc. to wipe the drizzling snot off your nose.

You have saved your biggest and wettest sneezes for those times when I am leaned in for a kiss. At one point in the week, I feared death by drowning in your sneeze-flood. Earlier today, I feared I was getting a migraine because I was seeing spots. I stopped worrying when I discovered that the spots I was seeing were remnants of your sneeze-spray on my glasses.

Daddy complimented me on my new polka dot shirt tonight. It was a solid black shirt. Turns out, the polka dots were just dried up snot circles.

Well, you will be happy to know that you have been successful. As of tonight, my poor, weary body has succumbed to your aggressive tactics. I am sick. You know what else? So is Pea.

I love you, but you're not funny. Not one single bit.

9 comments:

  1. Nothing says love like sharing right??? I hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. You just have to love those "sneeze in your face" moments. Delightful. Sorry you're sick...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....poor Mommy and Pea. Sorry to hear you're sick.

    I took little Miss H to Urgent Care tonight and even though she's happy, bubbly and pretty much her normal self she was hiding an ear infection in her right ear. Fevers seem to indicate that with her.

    We're trying your recommended 3 day 'yucky' tasting antibiotics. They are pretty gross but the first one went down fairly well tonight. Only 2 more to go.

    Hope you're all feeling better really, really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Sorry to hear you have the lurgy on your side of the Atlantic as well. We are struggling here with it. Get better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sick Sucks!

    I hope everyone is feel better soon and that J doesn't get it and want to rub his snotty face on your shirt...I am going to stop right there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Share and share alike is typically the mantra in families. It stinks but avoiding those germies seems to be pretty tough. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids and their snot…
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no! Kids are so germy. My students scare me with their coughs and runny noses. I hate getting sick.

    I hope all three of you recover quickly, and that daddy doesn't get it too. Somebody needs to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Germs!! The Germs!!! They are everywhere!!!

    Share the love...share the germs. Says the sick mom and dad...who have a now healthy child while they are still sounding like Barry White.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete