I met a good friend of mine for coffee after work today. We talked for a long time before he felt brave enough to tell me how sad he is that he is nowhere near becoming a father. He desperately wants children, but has not found the right person. When tears filled his eyes, I felt helpless. A father-in-waiting. And what a great dad he will be.Last night, he proposed to his amazing girlfriend and I couldn't be happier for him! He and C. came over for a visit the other day and when K2 took C. downstairs to show her our finished basement, G. took out the absolutely gorgeous ring to show me. I was the first to know and I was SO honored. Tears filled his eyes, once again, as he described the way he would propose. I am thrilled for them. C. is a wonderful woman and I know they will be very happy together.
In other very exciting news, Tanya and her family are coming to visit this weekend! I haven't seen Tanya since July and I am so excited to meet her new baby boy and for her to meet her Godchildren. One more sleep!!
A word of warning: never leave a pen unattended when there are mobile children in the house.

I believe that Pea has awfully good penmanship and looks very, very proud of himself. tee he he.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news all round.
He is so darn cute.... even with pen all over his face!
ReplyDeleteLove the teeth on Pea!! What a super cute smile!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with Tanya! How great that everyone gets to meet each other.
Congrats to G&C!!
Congratulations to your friends! How exciting for them.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time with Tanya, and make sure all writing instruments are safely put away.
Wonderful news abounds! Congrats to G & C and have tons & tons of fun with Tanya and the gang.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
So happy for G and C!! May his dreams of being a daddy come true soon!
ReplyDeleteHeh....Pea has a gotee (sp? too lazy to look it up)....just like daddy. :o)
PS - Have a wonderful weekend with Tanya and her family! What a treat for you all to be together!
ReplyDelete