Yesterday the babies and I went on a walk of my "short-run" route. You know, that route that runners take when their knees are sore, when they have a cold, or when they don't have the time to fit in a full run. It is a mere 3 miles (5km).
I.
Almost.
Collapsed.
Seriously. Sure, I was pushing almost 40 pounds of baby and maybe 15 pounds of stroller, but still. I was walking. And not particularly quickly, I might add. I suppose I can use the excuse that I've had a stomach bug this week and haven't really eaten much since Sunday, but I'm not an excuses kind of girl.
The sun is shining brightly today (I think for the last time for at least a few days according to The Weather Network) and it's a balmy 8C (46F) at this moment. As soon as the babies wake from their naps (yes they are sleeping at the SAME time today...yay!) we will pack up the stroller and drive to another neighborhood to bask in the sunshine once again. I just hope my legs are up for it.
Good for you. I'm trying to do more walking but it's just so much work... lol
ReplyDeleteHave fun exploring.
We just came back from a walk ourselves! Nothing like a yucky weather forecast to get you out the door.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I myself am going for a walk right after I finish typing this!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous week. So glad you were able to take advantage of it even while not feeling well. Here's to an early spring!!
ReplyDeletewhat IS this? come to K's site and read my life?? this just happened to me TODAY. except i didn't even do my short route. i think i cut it by 50% i was so wiped (she wanted to go "fast" and kept yelling for me to "go fast"- and heck, i wanted to make her giggle and feel the wind in her hair...)...
ReplyDeleteoof. i am so out of shape.
I did 1 hour today...ended it with going up a hill. I am nuts...
ReplyDeleteLOVE the sun and warm weather.
Keep smilin!