Monday, March 1, 2010

A Typical Monday

Last week, M3 wrote a post in which she posted pictures every hour for the day. These captioned pictures told the story of her typical day with Ro and Ree (her twin girls). I thought it was such a great idea that I stole it and am doing it here.

6:00AM - The babies are awake and chatting away in their cribs. I take Chick into Pea's room and put her in his crib. Since they don't share a room (much to my dismay) I like them to be together quietly in the mornings. They play together for a little while (maybe 15 minutes) while I make the bed and brush my teeth. K2 leaves for work at 5:45, so the babies don't see him until later.

6:15AM - This is the scene when I go in to get the babies.  It was quite dark in the room, so the video is not the best quality.


Morning from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.


7:00AM - While the babies play in the Great Room, I proceed to make all the bottles for the day and try to grab a cup of coffee and some toast.
7:30 - Feeding time!

8:00 - By this time, I have changed three poopy diapers and decide it's time for the babies to get dressed for the day.
8:30 - Nap Time (I take a shower during this time).  It's VERY rare for the babies to sleep at the same time, so this is a treat!  Chick started off on her side...
 9:30 - Breakfast for the babies
Today's menu:  a finger length of bread and oatmeal with apples.

10:00AM -Dancing and Storytime
I'll put a picture of storytime, but I'll save you from the weirdness of our dancing.  You're welcome.
11:00AM - Gramma stops by for a short visit and then helps with the 11:30 feed.
12:00 - Nap Time (Pea is down for the count, but Chick has NO intention of sleeping).  Nope, no nap for this girl who was WIDE awake and playing with reckless abandon!
12:25 - Bear wants to know when Chick is going back from whence she came.  He's not impressed with the babies nor with our affection for them.  He has definitely lost his spot in the priority rank.
1:00 - Pea awakens and it's time to run some errands.  Of course, I forgot my camera, so you'll have to take my word for it.

2:30 - Both babies fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I was able to get Chick into her crib when we got home, but I dare not move Pea.  He sleeps by the front door in his car seat.
 2:45 - K2 arrives home from work.  He is sent directly upstairs to rock his daughter who thinks she runs the show.  It's one of those days with Chick, I'm afraid. 

3:30 - Playtime with Daddy while I warm some bottles for feeding.
4:00PM - I leave K2 alone with the babies to renew my driver's license.  No pictures were taken in my absence.  When I walk in at 5:00PM, the babies are being read stories.
 5:30 - Chick is asleep (finally), K2 is taking a shower and Pea and I are hanging out sharing some laughs.


Hilarity from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.

5:50 - All that laughter zonked our little man. He fell asleep in K2's arms.
6:00 - Pea got too heavy for K2 to hold upright, so they both took a load off. With Chick and Pea asleep, I finally get a chance to wash some bottles and clean up.
6:30 - Everyone's up! Oatmeal and Apples followed by Nectarines for dessert.  Yum!
 7:00 - Part of our bed time routine is watching Baby Noah.  The babies are fascinated by this video.
I don't have a picture to put here because the camera was "waaaaaaay over there" (which was probably five feet away) and my legs just wouldn't move toward it.

7:30 - Preparing for bed. Both babies are changed and put into their sleep sacks.  K2 feeds Chick in her room and I feed Pea in his room.  Both drink their last 7 ounces of milk for the day and fall fast asleep in their cribs.
Chick on her way up to bed.

8:00 - Time to wash more bottles, clean up the baby messes, do a load of laundry and put this blog post together.

9:00 - Bedtime for the adults.  Morning comes quickly.

14 comments:

  1. OMW.. what a busy day..
    Love that laugh.. cracks me up..
    You are one busy lady..
    Hugs..
    have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mother's work is NEVER done! Seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that video of Pea, his laughter is such a wonderful sound.

    I can't get over how much hair Chick has now, wow.

    Such a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a day can fly by but be filled with such wonder and laughter.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting very sleepy just reading about your busy day. Wow are your days crazy. I can tell from the sounds of your sons laughter, it is oh so worth it!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man you have a lot of baby gear! Will there be room for us when we come visit? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very busy day!

    Look at your biceps woman! I guess that's what happens when you're hauling bundles of cuteness all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm exhausted just reading about your day! LOL! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word!! That is so much in one short day. You deserve a standing ovation -- please tell Chick and Pea to work on that. Hee! Hopefully you're fast asleep by the time this comment gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post! I may do the same thing today! And we have the same dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too busy!!! I now must go and nap to recover from reading this blog post.

    PS -- LOVE Pea's laughter -- man, he's hilarious!!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow- this is a real lesson to me on what life might be like. You look very organized!
    The babies are adorable!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to share in a day with you! this is fun....I'll have to give it a try someday.

    ReplyDelete