When I had had enough of waiting, I decided to contact the store, but not without arming myself with some information. I (belatedly) checked their standing on Canada's Better Business Bureau's site, then called to say that I was giving them 24 hours to contact me with an explanation as to the delay in shipment lest I contact the BBB to file a complaint.
Within four hours, I received an email with the following statement:
"Unfortunately this item is not in stockUm...when I ordered it, the website stated that there was ONE in stock which is why I ORDERED it. Had it said, "None in stock", I would not have ordered it. Furthermore, why not contact me IN PERSON to apologize for the oversight and tell me that my card would not be charged until the store received and shipped the stroller? Then again, I suppose this is why this particular store has an "F" Rating with the BBB.
and it is on back order. We have refunded your card for the full amount
that was charged. We apologize for inconvenience and delay."
I really wish they would have known who they were dealing with before they sent that email. Now I have to start writing letters and making phone calls. The fact that my free time is now being compromised to do so makes me even more livid.
Don't get me started on poor customer service...
ReplyDeleteso sorry! i had this happen to me recently - contacted them after 2 wks after i was to receive and got 'oh, it's on back order and don't know when we'll get it'. i cancelled and will not shop there again. i hope you can get it from a reputable vendor soon!
ReplyDeleteIt's so frustrating. I hate crappy customer service.
ReplyDeleteStink!! So sorry to hear how this ended. Yuck! Are you able to file something with BBB after what happened to you?
ReplyDeleteHopefully you can find your stroller on sale at another store and in stock too.
This stinks!!
Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
ReplyDeleteSO weird. had the same problem with a stroller i ordered before we left for china! company were a bunch of shid... well you know what i'm trying to say here but i don't want to foul up this wonderful website with my foul language plus there are the TWINS to think about who don't need me spewing foulness ...
ReplyDeleteand on and on.
what i really wanted to say was: go get 'em tiger.
Ugh...they super suck!
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!