I met Catherine at "our spot" and she drove us to Michelle's house (the hostess with the mostess!). As I opened the car door to get in, I noticed that she had some equipment on the seat just in case I went into labor on the way to the shower.
Blankets, string, ice, scissors, diapers and a kettle. I'm not sure where she thought she would be able to boil water, but at least she had good intentions. Fortunately, I managed to hold the babies in!
Once everyone arrived, we began to open some fun gifts. We missed being able to share the day with Doris (who was in NYC), Dolores (in Alberta) and M3 (in California) but each of them was never far from our thoughts all day. We missed you!!
Catherine reading the card signed by all her friends (both near and far).
The car seat for Hannah!!
How cute is this bathing suit?
Cute sleepers!
A beautiful storybook that Catherine read to all of us.
A very cool "Disco Duck" for bath
A beautiful (and, might I add, AMAZINGLY tasty) cake that Michelle made.
A beautiful afternoon with beautiful friends!
So happy to celebrate YOU, my sweet friend!! Can't wait to see what this week (or next) holds for you!









BEAUTIFUL..
ReplyDeleteLove the goodies..
Catherine is sooooo WONDERFUL..
Can't wait to see Hannah's sweet little face..
Great job.. glad the babies didn't appear yesterday..
Can't wait to see them though..
hugs..
Have a great week..
A great shower for an amazing lady!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is soooooo cool!!!! I so wish I was there as well!!! I love that gal!! I can not wait to see Hannah VERY SOON!!
ReplyDeletelol I love how she was all prepared for you in case you had the babies!! She really does think of everything!! Love her!! :-)
You all just have too much fun :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you look beautiful!
Yay! I'm so happy for Catherine! What a wonderful shower!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you felt very comfortable knowing that Catherine would be able to deliver those babies at a moment's notice. LOL! ;D
Yep - that was a fun shower for an amazing woman. Glad you were able to "hold those babies in" although how fun would that have been if you really did go into labour during the shower. Well, fun for us anyway. :)
ReplyDeletek
I agree with Karen - -it woulda been kinda cool to put all of Catherine's planning to good use!
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun day and I can't wait to see Hannah too!
Looks like fun! I think she deserves it!
ReplyDeletePS- I love the little joke she played on you...:-)
Thank you! Thank you for all you did to help yesterday!! Firstly, for keeping the babies inside so you could enjoy the fun. And also for me not needing to deliver them! I don't seem to remember them covering baby delivery in the 2 day St. John's course I took!
ReplyDeleteYou have AMAZING tastes in gifts and I was completely overwhelmed by the gift of Hannah's car seat! Wow!! THANK YOU!!
Mmmm...the brownies were wonderful! Especially since you dared to bring them. ;o)
Thank you again precious friend! Love you!!
How wonderful, gosh I wished we all lived closer to each other!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day it was!! I am glad we didn't have to put Catherines planning to use!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a good day with everyone and the time went so fast.
I finished the brownies today...YUM!
Aw, so fun, and huge thanks for the group photo -- so cool to see everyone.
ReplyDeletePS: Did Catherine cry when she read the story? Hee!
Leave it to Catherine to come up with an emerg kit!! Looks like you all had a great time.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing some new little faces here soon!!!!!
What wonderful friends y'all are! I am so happy for Catherine... I mostly lurk on her blog, but I just adore how encouraging she is to others and also such an example in her faith.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious! Hubs and I had a good laugh at that.
ReplyDeleteI am bummed that I missed a great time but thanks for the pics! I thought about you guys on Sunday!
Keep smilin!
Celebrating with good friends is the best thing. I imagine there will be a huge crowd waiting at the airport when she and Hannah finally arrive home.
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for Catherine! You have all been wonderful to her! We are just as excited to hear the referral news..... soon we hope!
ReplyDeleteAlyzabeth's Mommy for Eleven Months!