Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miracle Treat Day

Want an excuse to have a yummy and delicious Blizzard?

"Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day is a one-day national charity drive that donates 100 per cent of the proceeds from all Blizzards sold to Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Participating Dairy Queen locations across Canada will celebrate Miracle Treat Day on Thursday, August 13, 2009. "
Sick Kids Foundation

Our nephew's life was saved by the doctors and nurses at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto and we feel it is extremely important to give back in whatever way we can.  If it means that we must eat ice cream to do it, then so be it!  Hmmm...I think I'll choose the Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookie Blizzard.


We've wrangled (and I use the term "wrangled" very loosely) our sweet friend Catherine into coming over tonight to share in the Miracle Treat Day fun and we are looking forward to eating Blizzards and playing Settlers of Catan.  We have to keep Catherine's mind occupied since she is about to receive her referral ANY DAY NOW!!  K2 thinks the best way to do that is to beat the socks off of her at his favorite game.

Should be a fun night!

9 comments:

  1. Rosie's twins Pocket and Posies (now six, then born at 25 weeks gestation) were ALSO saved in a Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Looks like we'll be heading to a DQ today. The husband will be THRILLED!!!!!!

    (Thanks for sharing the news. And yeah! that your nephew is okay.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful thing!

    Sigh...Thin Mint Blizzard, SofC and you guys...what more could I want!

    I LURVE the K2 is lurving SofC! We will convert everyone!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for letting us know. So we actually HAVE to get ice cream today - no question.

    I have a feeling that Catherine's going to use her distraction as an excuse for losing Catan . . . just saying. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...is that my 'friend' karen taking a dig at me?? :o)

    OK - so yes it took little....ok it took NO convincing for me to say yes to spending an eveing with you and K2!! Throw in Blizzards (we may just 'need' medium or large since it's for charity) and a game of Settler's and the night is already one I know will be a HUGE success!!

    I kinda feel like I'm in early labour. Wanna join me???

    If so - can you imagine how K2 would whoop our butts??

    Can't wait friend! It's going to be a fun, fun evening! Just wish others could join us. Can you play Settler's via skype? We could set up 2 games........

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW FUN.. you guys are soooo lucky to have each other..
    What a great cause..
    Eating ice cream and playing games...
    PRICELESS..
    Have a great evening..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine called me last night and was telling me she was coming over there to have a games night tonight! She failed to mention the ice cream part though! Mmmmmmmmm....... Can I come???!! ;-)

    Sadly the nearest DQ is 2 hrs away! :-(

    Enjoy for me as well!!!

    Have fun!! I've been thinking lot's about you two ladies in waiting!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cram for a good cause...that can't be bad.
    No long for you and for Catherine...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately we only have 1 DQ in the area and it isn't nearby. Or I would have been there in a second. I hope everyone enjoyed their treats and the fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had every intention of bringing my girls to DQ yesterday. But, when it was time to pick them up from daycare, my stomach was in really bad shape and I had to get back home. So I am going to bring them to DQ this weekend and send a check to the local hospital DQ was supporting here. My daughter Ella goes there for cleft stuff so I really wanted to support it.

    ReplyDelete