So, we bathed both beauties and bundled them up for our first official outing as a family and drove to the pediatrician's office for the babies' first check-up.
How cute did they look before we left?
Our girl in her romper
Our boy in his sleeper - we tried to put him in something other than a sleeper, but he is a little too small for all of his outfits.
We loved the doctor and liked how gentle he was with the babies. He answered all of our (many) questions and never made us feel as though we were taking too much of his time. The babies are doing well and they both checked out wonderfully.
Our girl now weighs 6lbs 8.5oz and Our boy weighs 6lbs 5oz. Our girl is an amazing eater (I believe the doctor called her a little piglet) and our boy is gaining well. We are now armed with Gripe Water, Ovol and with a new formula that is gentler on their tummies. After a sleepless night last night, we needed this ammo.
Wish us luck tonight as we try to get a few hours of sleep inside of the mere minutes we got last night.
Thanks for all of your suggestions about the nicknames. I am partial to a few and will think on it some more.


Great news about the pediatrician! Your babies are *gorgeous*, not that I have to tell you that. ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah!! Great to hear that you found a doc and that the twin wonders are doing good.
ReplyDeleteHope that there are many Zzzzzzzzzz's in your place tonight.
Keep smilin!
I always love a good update! The babies are so cute! I wishing you luck on getting some winks tonight. Sleep deprivation is sooo tough!
ReplyDeleteJust post pictures of the babies ten times a day and I will be one happy woman.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a good doc. We have yet to find one here.
So, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found a doctor and that the babies had a successful first visit.
ReplyDeleteDid I mention they're beautiful?
I have been thinking about nicknames today for you!
ReplyDeleteHow about:
Linus & Lucy
Donnie & Marie
Prince & Princess
Anyway, I had fun shopping for your little tykes this afternoon, and I want to get a package out to you before I go back to work next week and forget about it and they outgrow the things I found for them. When you have a break from baby duty, please email your address to me.
Love and hugs to all in the Kayak Family.
Awwww, they are so cute. Sounds like you are having gas issues. My foster daughter whom we brought home from the hospital at 3 weeks of age had terrible gas issue and had colic very badly. Screaming for hours on end. The only thing we found that helped was adding acidophilus to her formula. Was recommended by her doctor so you might want to ask the doctor next time you go.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
I'm glad that you are finally a mommy.
Paula
formerly group 271
those bundles of joy are so sweet! a good pedi is hard to fine - glad you you were able to get one quickly. here's to a good night's sleep!
ReplyDeleteYour babes are just beautiful. I have never used the Gripe water, but Amanda at the Starfish home swears by it for her babies.
ReplyDeleteI had to put all three of my boys on soy formula. Tyler had such a hard time we had to put him on Neutramagin which was pricey but worked like a charm.
I wish you sleep! Hang in there, it does get better every day.
LOVE the photos..
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing sooo well and the babies are doing well..
Hope you get some sleep..
Hugs..
Ditto what Nic said. Seeing them always brings a smile to my face and a cheer in my heart. If you could kindly post a new pic in the evenings for me to see first thing in the morning, I'd be most appreciative. What a great way to start my day.
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. I'll take whatever you have timt to post. I hope you can get at least a few hours of shut eye tonight. I know how hard it is to function on none.
What a wonderful blessing to have such a kind, caring, patient doctor for your babies!
ReplyDeleteThey both look so cute all dressed up for their first outing on the town!
Beyond adorable and oh so cuddly, warm and soft!! Ahhhh.... Loved our visit friend and all the baby snuggles and cuddles!!!