Saturday, August 29, 2009

Daddy

There are no "babysitters" in this house. We are a true partnership in this parenting gig and I love that our children will know that real men change diapers, kiss boo-boos, rock their babies to sleep and feed them through the night. Real men fold baby laundry, wash bottles, and sing made-up songs about their children. Real men proudly push the stroller around the neighborhood, tell their daughters how smart they are and their sons how sweet they are.
Yes, there are no babysitters here.

Daddy with his true loves.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

This is a video that we took of our beautiful daughter as she woke from a nap the other day. She requires a minimum of five minutes of stretching time before we pick her up. It is sweetness!

22 comments:

  1. That is quite possibly the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

    They are so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was adorable! Can they get any cuter?

    Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya and about 'babysitting' - I like that you are CO-PARENTS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just precious!

    That's how I wake up, too. Slowly. It's not as cute when I do it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all this new babyness (yes I made that word up) around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, C and I all watched and giggled like crazy! Your daughter reminds me of me when I wake up.

    How's Bear adjusting to the twins? Perhaps a post on that is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. Love the stretching and especially that big yawn from such a little thing. ;-) I bet she will also need a few minutes to herself before she gets up for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the littel squeak. So cute.

    And being co-parenting is a wonderful thing. I love having a Daddy so involved too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good man = good daddy

    her little noises are infectious! i wanna go take a nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little baby noises she makes. Made me want to just grab her up and inhale that sweet baby smell they have. But then I remembered she was only on my computer screen. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like things are going well..
    Amazing Daddy ...
    Love it.. partnership is truly the way it should be..
    LOVE her little stretching..
    SOOO Sweet.. oh how I miss those days..
    Soak it all up.. they grow up sooo fast...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...I don't know how I've missed all these pictures, but I am so happy for you guys...and they are adorable!

    I hope in some way they know how lucky they are in the parent department!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. she made me yawn :O) i so want to wake up just like her, slow and easy does it... god so sweet~!

    and yes, dad's ROCK. especially dad's like these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's sooooo adorable! I love the stretches and squeaks and grunts. Newborn noises are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely! I HATE it when people say their husbands are babysitting THEIR OWN CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby does ALL that stuff and nothing melt me more than seeing him interact with our kids, whether babies or pre-teens. REAL men do all that stuff. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pic of K2 with the babes, so sweet!

    Your little girl is a little angel. Very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A girl needs her stretching waking up time! I LOVE to stretch in bed. Hubs says I am just like your girl.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete