Saturday, July 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We arrived late last night from Barbados and we are so happy to be home with our Blueberry Bear. The trip was amazing and we laughed, tanned, and relaxed enough throughout the week to last us until the next time. What a week!
Here are a few of the 283 pictures that we took over the course of eight days. I wish I could show all of them, as they are so great!

K2 and I at Toronto Pears.on Ai.rport bright and early with our last Tim's before take-off.



Photobucket


Craig's parents' home in Barbados. Our room was on the bottom floor, left hand side (light is on). Beautiful and Craig's parents were so warm and gracious!





Photobucket


Sunset over the Villa...does it get any more beautiful than this?






Photobucket


The turquoise waters at the Barbados Yacht Club. I have only ever seen water like this in pictures.




Photobucket

Photobucket


Tanya was swimming in the water and I was at least 50 meters away from her lounging on the beach. I saw these two women wading into the ocean, made eye contact with Tanya and we both pointed to them and then to each other. We know that they represented us in 50 years. SO TRUE!!



Photobucket


Grace had a ton of fun at the beach where she built many beautiful sand castles with Daddy. Just look at the concentration on her face!




Photobucket


We have a ton of pictures (okay, more than a few) of Tanya lounging in various beach chairs on various beaches. She does lounging proud!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Okay, so I did my fair share of lounging as well...



Photobucket


We went shopping one day in Holetown amid lovely little Chattel Houses. Craig and K2 were good sports (as they always are) but found a little coffee/drink spot in the middle of the houses to stop and rest while Tanya and I kept shopping. Once seated, the boys looked up to see a sign that read, "Men's Créche" (which means "Men's Daycare")...we laughed, but the boys didn't think it was very funny.



Photobucket


One of the most exhilarating adventures we undertook while in Barbados, was Boogie-Boarding On Crane Beach on the East Coast of the Island. The water was rough and scary at first, but we each braved it and had such fun! It was raining on this day and cloudy, so we practically had the entire beach to ourselves. Canadians do not let weather stand in their way of fun!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the day before we left, we went on a Catamaran Tour which was very fun. We stopped at two different spots to snorkel (I saw a massive turtle and many, many fish) and we stopped at a great area beach for more fun in the waves. The Captain was from only an hour away from our hometown, so we discussed "The Hip", Labatt's Blue, and Tim's Coffee. He told us that if we brought him some Tim's and some Blue, we could sail for free next time!





Photobucket


The view of Barbados from the Catamaran.



Photobucket


It started to rain while Tanya, K2 and I were sitting on the mesh in the front of the Catamaran. Every single passenger ran for cover, but we, the Canadians, stayed put and let the rain fall on us. Tanya kept shouting, "I'm NOT moving!". We laughed!! Craig took this picture of us from within the plastic protection of the Catamaran.



Photobucket


We had a GREAT time with these two (not to mention Grace and Craig's parents)! Can't wait to travel together again!



Photobucket



Things we loved to say or hear while in Barbados!
1. Everything's funner with rum!
2. You're RUINING Barbados for me!
4. The Diggersssss...
5. I just swam through a warm spot.
6. That's what (s)he said!
7. I'M NOT MOVING!
8. I have sand in places...
9. The various car horns.
10.The laughter (especially when Craig mistook the windshield wipers for the indicator)

Good times...Good times.

15 comments:

  1. GREAT post!! You captured our holiday beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures...it truly does look like a magical time. I especially love the shot of you and your BFF in 50 years - that is awesome!

    Glad you had a blast, and that you're home safe with Blueberry Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good time. I too was amazed with the colour of the water the first time we went to the Caribbean. It's so beautiful and relaxing down there.

    One more to add to your list of Bajenisms:

    Come lime with me (let's chat on the porch).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - looks like a fantastic time!!

    Great pictures.

    Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a whole lot of fun.

    I hate swimming through warm spots. Especially with six children around me. It's suspicious. Veeeery suspicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW dies one spell FUN - BARBADOS!!!! What a VACATION!!! You had a blast so glad you had a GREAT TIME. I loved the video clip of 3 of you boggie boarding - was that an unleashing of wild Caribbean laughter coming from you K1?

    Glad you are home safe and sound, can't wait to see ALL the pictures and hear ALL the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome and amazing and relaxing and fun. So happy that you had a great vacay!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO-MUCH-FUN!!! Wheee!!! Glad you had such a great vacay with special friends!

    Would love to see all your pics and here every little detail that you feel like sharing.

    So very happy for all of you! Beautiful home...oh my!

    Snorkeling....oh yah! Love the pic of you guys on the catamaran. We Canadians laugh in the face of weather...ok, sometimes we cry too - but this time it was laughter!

    Until next time....YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had an incredible time! So glad that you had a relaxing holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds and looks WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. man...I'm going to revisit this post over and over, not because I'm stalking you but because I need a vacation and this my friend is it! I am stealing your vacation and making it my own. If only that was possible.

    Staycations in Minnesota suck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures, now I need a vacation ;-/ I'm glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I can almost smell the salt water!! I'm so glad you had fun!! It's got to be hard leaving Barbado's, but I'm sure you feel how Dan and I do that our pets make coming home from vacation a little easier :)

    ReplyDelete