Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shhhhh...We Haven't Told Him Yet...

 
Tomorrow, The Blueberry Bear is going on a trip.  He doesn't know it yet, but there will be a doctor in a white lab coat and several nurses on this particular trip.  At this point, we're not sure who will be more traumatized by the ordeal (Blueberry Bear or me)...K2's betting on me.
It's been way too long since Bear's last "Senior Wellness" exam and I am terrified that we will learn something about his health that will be devastating.  Sure, he is as spry as can be and behaves more like a kitten than a senior citizen, but cats are notorious for hiding issues about their health.
Two weeks ago, when I drove to the Cat Hospital to purchase some food for Bear, I had to blink back tears as I pulled into the parking lot.  The last time we had pulled into that parking lot, it was to pick up Cheetah's ashes and the memory of that horrific time simmered to the surface.  I still cry for her.
I'm waiting for the right time to break the news to Bear about tomorrow's appointment.  Perhaps I'll get him drunk on some barbecued chicken first. 

10 comments:

  1. I *loathe* bringing my fur babies to the vet. They freak, I freak, it's just not a pretty scene. I'll keep you and the gorgeous blue one in my thoughts... oh, and definitely up the ante on the BBQ ckn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea- the getting him drunk part :O) Hope it goes well and he has a "no news is good news" visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a beauty. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same fear. It is awful and the vet is now a scary place not only for Daisy but for me.

    I am sure, sure, sure Blueberry Bear is aces. He IS the Fluffernutter kitty koo!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated taking my cats to the vet! It is so hard on them. Dogs are much easier in that regard. I hope it all goes well.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((hugs)) friend. Looking forward to hearing all is well with your sweet Bear. Now, about telling him. Have you considered spiking the water in the tap he likes to drink from?

    Here for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor BB! And POOR YOU! I hope you all do okay.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed for nothing but good news. That BBQ chicken sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah . . . poor you. I'm sure it will go fine. Strength to you my friend.

    k

    ReplyDelete