Monday, April 7, 2008

Kingston Kindred Spirits

What a weekend! There are very few words I can use to describe what happened this weekend and just how special the time spent with friends was.

I knew I would be laughing A LOT...and I did.

I knew I would be eating A LOT...and I did.

I knew I would love every second of being with my fellow adoption friends...and I did.

I didn't know that Doris would secretly work with my best friend of 21 years to secretly arrange a surprise that would shock the bejebus out of me (and out of Catherine as well, who hugged Tanya despite not knowing who she was - but ANYONE who knows Catherine will not be shocked by this).

Several of us were sitting in one of the hotel suites we had booked, eating, talking and having a good time, when through the door walked Tanya and her husband Craig!! My BFF lives four hours away and we see each other maybe four times a year at most, so seeing her walk through the door sent incredible waves of shock through my entire being. How wonderful to be able to spend my birthday weekend with Tanya, Craig AND my ABFFs (adoption best friends forever)! The fun was simply too much and my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing. At one point, Michelle, Tanya and I had to take Tylenol because we each had what I call "Happy Headaches".

Thank you so much everyone for such an amazing weekend.

I knew we would be making memories this weekend...and we did.

Some pictures:
A mean game of Taboo.
Doris working her marker magic in Pictionary. Yes, that is an easel!
That is my moose in the upper right hand corner. Not too shabby, eh?
Birthday cake from Michelle (icing courtesy of Mark...DEELISH!)
So random. Dan, Catherine and Doris.
K2's butt and Doris' hand. Don't ask!
Craig and K2...adorable even from behind.

BFFs K1 and Tanya.The whole gang.
For an incredible slide show of our weekend, go here!

15 comments:

  1. What an incredible weekend you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like wonderful fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was an amazing weekend!!

    So great to meet Tanya and Craig (Steve, Joe, Stan, Peter...) too!

    The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it's over already! Such fun, fun times! Tummy still aches at the thought of all our laughing and silliness. Until next time friend....

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a splendid weekend! I love successful surprises!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an awesome time! I love pictionary! That's it..I'm moving to Canada! You all have too much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I'm glad you were able to see Tanya, it's tough when your BFF lives so far away. That was a great surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice Doris surprised you and that your best friend could join in the party and fun! How great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so need to come to Canada. That's where all the fun is :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one get-together I would have LOVED to be a part of...so many of my favorite Northerners in ONE room. Ah, the joy of it.

    Love to ya -
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so fun and so cool! Looks like a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete