Monday, April 14, 2008

20

I rarely acknowledge our LIDversary. Dunno why...just don't. However, I think that 20 is kind of a milestone of sorts and I thought that I would acknowledge it today. Thinking today of my fellow blogmates Rhonda and Josh who celebrate (?) their 19th today and to Sam and Environman who celebrate (again, ?) their 25th. We'll get there...right?

I'm having a comfort food evening. I'm not an emotional eater by any stretch of the imagination (quite the contrary, in fact). But, tonight is different. I need something yummy. To stave off this attack, I washed and prepared some gorgeous strawberries and grapes to have at the ready.
Don't be too impressed. Pan out to what I am actually having instead.
At least there was an attempt to eat healthily.

26 comments:

  1. I say have all of it!! That fruit looks pretty comforting to me. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not nearly enough chocolate in that photo! Happy 20, though.

    (pssst - I made a decision)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love animal crackers!!!
    Happy 20th, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think just being near the fruit is somewhat beneficial.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruit? Goes to show that time makes us all wiser. Now...go and eat some candy.

    20 done!!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! Yummy snacks to celebrate 20 months closer to baby! Hope you enjoyed it all!

    Congrats on reaching this milestone! 20 months closer...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mercy, dear woman. I about flipped when I saw no sign of junk at first. The fruit does look lovely but I think I would have to drown it in chocolate.

    Twenty less....holding faith close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 20th! The Hot chocolate looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something tells me that those animal crackers took a nosedive in the hot chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 20 down!! I hope that is a DOUBLE hot chocolate!!

    Those animal crackers had better be GONE by tomorrow - there is NOT enough left to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally had me there. I was thinking "What? THAT'S comfort food?" No wonder I'm overweight because that is SO NOT comfort food for me. Yummy, yes. Comfort food, not so much! I was glad to see the second picture because I was starting to feel bad and was seriously considering having a salad for dinner. I'm still gonna have the salad, but I'm having some Pizza with it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why can't you have ALL of it and then some????

    Happy 20th LID

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the pan out to the animal crackers. I just got back from the store and wish I had picked up some. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comfort food..yum!

    Happy 20...keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 20 months done at least. If you drizzle some chocolate on the fruit then it will really become comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on reaching 20. Animal crackers are still a healthy snack =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 20!! :) I love the pictures of grapes, animal crackers, and hot cocoa! That is soo what I would do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 20th, gotta love the "comfort" foods, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. is that a Timmy's hot cocoa?

    just need to dump some melted chocolate on the berries and you'll be all set.

    happy 20

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 20...keep hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 20th, it all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are too funny....Happy 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on 20 months...I don't even know what else to say about that.

    Your comfort food looks yummy -My favorites are Dora animal crackers - they taste like McDonaldland cookies. so good.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! 20 is HUGE!! I was going to be VERY proud of you when I saw all of that fruit, but then I saw your real grub and I know that we are soul sisters!

    ReplyDelete