Saturday, April 19, 2008

Short and Sassy

In Toronto today, it is a balmy 72 degrees and all of our neighbors are out in their yards for the annual "Rake Your Grass" event. It's like none of us really know what to do when the weather gets so nice, so we all head outside with our rakes in hand to manicure our lawns. Weird. Even K2 is out there getting all sweaty with the rest of them. I stay inside, away from people, where I belong. I like to keep a nice, safe, comfortable distance between my neighbors and me.

This morning, I headed out to see my stylist with the hope that she could work some magic with my hair. It was long, shaggy and too heavy for the lightness of spring. So, I've gone from this:
Photobucket


To this:
Photobucket


I feel like I've lost five pounds! It's cathartic to get a lot of hair cut off. I highly recommend it.

17 comments:

  1. It looks great...can't wait to see the front view!
    Isn't the weather gorgeous today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I agree, I am so happy I cut hair too. I feel so much lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Always feels great getting a new do doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it!! Cute, cute! Looking forward to seeing your from the front. I'm sure you're looking sassy!

    I'm off to hit the front porch to soak up some rays and enjoy a good book. Spring has sprung and we're celebrating...inside the house or out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm thinking it's about time for me to do that again, even though when I mentioned it to my hubby he was vehemently against it. What is it with men and long hair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listen here, woman, take that sassy new "do" outside and enjoy the weather! (you don't have to talk to your neighbors. Just grab a rake and pretend to be busy working!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! I love letting my hair grow then chopping it all off.

    Enjoy the 72 degrees my friend. We are battling about 30 cm of snow as a result of a freak spring storm and wind chill too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lookin' good, good lookin'! Your hair color is beautiful.

    Chitown just had it's raking weekend two weeks ago. Isn't it lovely to open the windows a little again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I come here for the posta but I stay for the hottie!

    LO-OVE it!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice!! :)

    I agree, it does feel good to get your hair cut and feel so much lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE!!! I've been thinking about cutting some hair off too...you give me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool - great "do".

    Alyson LID 01/27/06

    ReplyDelete