Sandra inspired me to go beyond my usual "cereal, toast and rice" repertoire of recipes and bake up something fun for dinner last night. Since my tummy has been on the fritz, I have not felt much like eating and so when the hunger hit last night, K2 and I knew that we had to take full advantage of it. When K2 asked what I wanted to have as my first real meal of the week, I remembered this post
and knew instantly that I had to have it.
Off to the grocery store we went with my little list in hand and with all the hope a potentially catastrophic cook could muster. We bought our wares and headed home to make sense of terms such as "grate", and "baking tray", and the ever so enigmatic "until browned" phrase. I won't lie to you, folks, there were some tense moments, but K2 and I persevered and our reward was sweet. I was able to put away two pieces of this magnificent dish and we have leftovers to last us a few days. It was delicious!
Zucchini Crust

Our toppings included black olives, tomatoes and red onions (with cheese, of course).
K1, it's so funny that you posted about that pizza. I tried it too,and it was a DISMAL failure! Was your crust better than "zucchini pudding?" That's what my crust was like. It was DISGUSTING. We managed to choke down a bit, but the rest got thrown out. Ugh. What on earth did I do wrong?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on the mend.
ReplyDeleteDinner looks lovely.
I'm impressed! Were Mini Wheats in the ingredient list at least?
ReplyDeleteThat looks yummy! Glad you're feeling better and hope you feel better still. That sounded scary!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know you're starting to feel better. I hope you find out what's wrong soon -- it's icky not knowing!
ReplyDeleteThe dinner looks good -- maybe I'll try it one of these days...
cari
I am so excited you tried it; it looks delish!!! I am sorry, I meant to send you more explicit directions, but it totally slipped my mind with everything that I've had going on here lately...
ReplyDeleteSandra
http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com
The results came back normal? Hmmmm...no answers, but perhaps it is just working "itself" out of your system on its own...I hope you continue to feel better.
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing that deliciousness on Sandra's blog. Yours looks just as good. Glad you enjoyed it!
That looks so yummy!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling better. That pizza looks delish!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThat pizza looks fantastic. I may have to try that. I don't know if Ryan would eat it. :)
Thanks for your sweet comment and e-mail. It really meant a lot!! I wish we were closer. I would love to meet you in person some day.
YUMMY! Wow. That makes me seriously hungry! Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have been feeling better!
ReplyDeleteThe food looks yummy!
That looks delicious!! I have never heard of a zucchini crust before.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that nothing serious has shown up regarding your stomach.
Yeah that you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThe piz looks great. You are expanding your repertoire. First you learn your oven has timer, next you are making homemade arsty pizza!
Keep smilin!
Glad to hear you're feeling better friend! That was one nasty bug you found. Shoo bug!
ReplyDeletePizza looks yummy.
Miss you!
holy f*ck that looks yummy.
ReplyDelete*drooling*