
Thank you ever so much for all of your heartfelt wishes for my family. My mom is home and doing well with an adjustment in her medications.
It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.
She had open heart surgery when she was 48 years of age and the medications that she takes to keep her mech*anical val*ve operating well can have a detrimental effect on her blood. She has feeling back on the left side of her body, so this is good.
I was talking to her tonight and told her about all of your wishes and she was very touched. She said that she was going to read them all later tonight and I am sure she will be blown away by the kindness and empathy of my fellow adoption buddies.
Thank you all for leaving a hug in the comments and for keeping us in your thoughts. A special thank you to everyone who sent caring emails and to RMJ for her post on her blog on my mom's behalf.
An even bigger thank you to those of you who
In other news, this new job is sucking the lifeblood right out of me. When did older kids become so rude? Today I was told (directly to my face and by one of my grade 12 students) that "sh*t" happens" when I warned him about his behavior. Sometimes I wonder if this career of mine is worth the exhaustion and humiliation. Although much of the weekend will be spent marking and planning for next week, I am still grateful that tomorrow is Friday.
I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better. I didn't check you blog for a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteI hope your job gets better, I know that some kids that age can be really rude.
Oh!!! I am sooo relieved and happy to read about your mom! I have been thinking about you all day...
ReplyDeleteso glad, soo soo glad.
Ugh about the job, though. I have no words of wisdom, unfortunately. You have really thick skin, right? Sounds like you're really gonna need it this year.
More big hugs sent your way!
I am SOOO glad that your mom is doing better. I was just about to call 'cause I hadn't heard anything.
ReplyDeleteI am going on the job hunt for you...ever thought of teaching kindergarten?
K1, I am SO glad that your mom is doing better- so VERY grateful!!!!! I really hope she heals quickly. What a relief it must be, but also a concern, with a recovery in the future too. May God bless your mom with good health.
ReplyDeleteOn another note- I am so sorry that those kids are rude. What brats! Arg. I really hope your job goes better too!
Glad to know your mother is doing better...may she continue to heal!
ReplyDeleteThose dang kids! Sorry they're treating you so bad...I hope it gets better.
So happy to read the good news tonight!
ReplyDeleteHang in there at work chickey! You are a tough cookie. You WILL get the respect!
Good stuff! Keeping you all in our thoughts.
ReplyDeleteEgads...the future generation scares me. You are an amazing teacher. There is wine waiting at home. Use that as your mantra. Hope it helps.
Keep smilin!
I am so glad to hear that your Mom is home and doing much better. I was so hoping that you would catch a smile or feel supported by the comments. There were a lot of people who came together here. You guys have a lot of friends : )
ReplyDeleteI'm SO happy to hear your mom's doing better! I was worried about you.
ReplyDeletesaw the post on RMJ and wanted to pop over and tell you that there will be prayers sent up for you and your mother ...
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear your mom is doing much better. I'm so sorry that I'm just now getting to your site. I've been in my own little world. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you.
Rony
I'm so happy to hear your mom is doing better. I've been thinking about you for the past couple of days.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should both quit our jobs and create a new company, "Sucky Jobs R Us", or something to that effect. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling.
Welcome home mom. I will keep her in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad that your mum is on the mend. Tell her to take it easy.
ReplyDeleteAs for your student: well quite frankly I am speechless.
I was so sorry to hear about your mom, but glad things are looking up. I'll be praying for her and hope she is much better soon.
ReplyDelete(((BIG HUGS)))
Glad things are looking up! It is amazing how rude kids can be.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
I'm just catching up. Sorry to hear about your mom getting sick, but happy to hear she's feeling better and is home!
ReplyDeleteYour work sounds very difficult. I work with adults with brain injury who act like teenagers sometimes, but there is still a level of maturity and basic caring that teenagers can lack. We just have to remind our clients and often (not always) that's enough. I admire you for what you do!
I'm glad all is well and your mom is home and feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThat little turd, your lucky you didn't open up a can of whoop ass on that chump. Hope gade 12 gets better for you soon. We miss you over at the lounge.
late again..
ReplyDeleteglad mom is doing well and at home
OMG.... sending you the biggest cyber hugs ever
I'm so glad to hear the good news about your mom! You and she will remain in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs and happy thoughts sent your way today. Prayer is essential, faith is just that, faith.
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts are with you and your Mom. Glad to know she is improving.
Alyson
LID 01/27/06