Monday, September 24, 2007

Nice Matters

I was looking through some of my favorite blogs today when I was suddenly struck by how much my life has been changed for the better over the past two years. As much as I gripe about the wait for our daughter and as much as I lament that our lives are slipping by, there has been an amazingly incredible bond made with so many friends through blogging. To think that all these people on my sidebar did not exist in my mind before January of 2006! Incredible.
A few people have given me a "Nice Matters" award and I felt tickled each and every time someone nodded my way with an expression of friendship. It is most certainly appreciated. So, a huge thank you to Rhonda, Catherine, Dawn and David for each sending this sweet thought my way.
Now, the general rule is that if one receives the nod, one must reciprocate in giving the award to others who epitomize "Nice" in the blogging community. I will try to avoid re-gifting the award to those who have already received it, but if you get another nod, so be it.

1. High On Craft. This girl is not only the nicest person I know, but she is the shizzle when it comes to crafty goodness. Her wares are amazing and I am always in awe of her creative talent. I just love her!

2. Moggy from My Life Is A Cartoon. I "met" Moggy last year when I first began to blog and have loved getting to know her through her cartoons. I have a feeling that this Texan would do anything for anyone. Her paintings are beautiful...another talented woman!

3. Janet from Tuininga Treasures. This mom of four is not only the sweetest woman around, but she HOME SCHOOLS her brood and manages to maintain such a positive attitude with everything she does.

4. Trace from The Trials and Tribulations of Trace in Adoption La-La-Land and Beyond. I *met* Trace this summer while perusing adoption blogs and she has been such a sweet friend over the past month or so. I love reading about her life and can't wait to see her become a mom.

5. Cavatica from Random Ramblings. This sweet girl is hoping, praying and crossing everything she has with the hope that her referral is in this next batch. With a LID of December 5th, we are all very excited for her.

I truly could go on and on, but I will stop at these five. Go one and check out these fine women and tell 'em K1 sent ya!

12 comments:

  1. Cool new sites! I'm going to have to check them out more...I already subscribe to My Life as a Cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE the sweet one! Thanks for the nod! Love you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely one of the nicest gals I've met here in bloggerland...you obviously have many fans.

    Glad to hear your tummy is feeling better and K2 is making sure you're eating well.

    Hugs to you, nice girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally deserve this one! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really a wonderful person. You have listed many blogs on here that I haven't seen before, so I'm going to have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about what is going on in Kayak world! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Kris, you totally deserve this one. Thanks for reminding me. I've got to get on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve this award!

    Thanks for the links. I am not familiar with some of them, so I am off to check them out :-)

    Sandra
    http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserve this award and thanks for the nod!

    ReplyDelete
  10. uh hum..... clearing throat
    I too gave you a nod..... way back when

    ReplyDelete
  11. K1 - thanks for the mention, I feel the same way, The last two years have been better for me with you in them.

    ReplyDelete