Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Melted Heart

I have THE best friend. Honestly. THE BEST! BF and I live four hours away from one another and have to muddle through our everyday lives without direct contact (a hug, a shared glass of wine, an in-person giggle) with one another. I know many of you live far away from your BFs as well and you know how hard it is to get through some days without them right by your side.
BF and I manage to stay in close touch with emails each day and with scheduled chats on G*oogle Ch*at. We have made our long distance friendship a work of art over the past 20 years and we are lucky to share something so great.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.


The last few weeks have been hard. Mega hard. So hard, that I have spent many nights in tears and in heavy conversations with family and friends. BF knows this and sent something to me today that has made my heart melt all over the place. I came home from a relatively good day at school, to a waiting package in the mail. I ripped that sucker open and could not believe my eyes. About a month ago, BF's mom bought her a sewing machine for her birthday and BF has been busily learning how to make clothes for her daughter and how to make other fun stuff. Last week, BF asked me to send her my waist and hip measurements (30 and 38 respectively in case any of you want to make me something, too) and I started to wonder what she could possibly be making for me. A skirt? Maybe. Capris? Possibly.
My BF knows me much better than I know myself and knows that I treasure sleep more than anything else in the free world. What did she make for me?
THESE!!
Here is what they look like from the back. FUN, no???
And here is how they were packaged. She included the sweetest and most loving note to me.

She is immensely talented and makes such beautiful clothes. I am trying to convince her to start a business selling her wares and I think I may have made some headway when I spoke with her tonight. Check out her blog to see her other cute items.
Each time I wear these beautiful PJs, Tan, I will feel that hug. Shthanks.

12 comments:

  1. Those are adorable and what a talented lady your friend is!!!

    Sandra
    http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mucho talented best friend! They look super comfy.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think if I sent her my size she would sew for me?? LOL!

    Those are GREAT pj's!! Most cozy!

    Good Job BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BF and I were apart for about 8 years so I know how tough it is to have her so far away. You do have a very talented BF, those pj's are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing best friend!!! Those PJ's are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE pajamas! How cute are they? She did a GREAT job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like your friend. The plan has worked. I love the pjs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe those are handmade. They're gorgeous! I love jammies. I spend a lot of time in mine. If I'm home... I'm most likely in pj's. Those look so comfy. Your BFF did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous jammies! Your friend is talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it so great how much effort the two of you put into staying close to one another. Now, that is love.
    Speaking of love - I think I have fallen for those adorable monkey jammies - I want matching pairs for me and Lil! I'll have to check out your talented (and very thoughtful) friend's blog!

    Glad to hear you had a good day at school too - I have been thinking a lot about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have those jammies! Does she sew for $$?! She's very talented.

    ReplyDelete