Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hard Day

I'm not a big "prayer" person and I have a difficult time with faith. However, I do know the benefits of both and am calling on my peeps to keep us in their thoughts. My mom had a stroke today and is currently receiving treatment in the hospital. My dad wants me to stay home and wait for news and so I am doing so.

I am now going to imagine all of you embracing my family in a giant hug. I'm sure that my mom will feel it.

41 comments:

  1. K1 I'm sending the biggest hug and holding your family especially your mum close to my heart.

    Hope she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mother are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((hug))))
    A huge hug, hope your Mom is doing well, keeping your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh K1! So sorry to hear this. Have already prayed for your mom and I will continue to do so. If you need me, I'm here for you friend.

    Love and (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. K..we are here for you.

    I am so wishing to call you but I know not to.

    My dear, dear friend, we are here for you. Anything, anytime.

    HUGS! HUGS! HUGS! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K - I can be there in an hour.

    WHATEVER you need - we are there.

    Mark and I are thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes when you can't muster up the faith to pray -- you can rely on your friends to pray FOR you...that is what I'm doing right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My heart is breaking for you. Feel my hug? It's huge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. K1, I am so, so sorry. Sending you BIG hugs {{{{}}}}....Keeping your mom and you in my thoughts.

    Sandra
    http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so there for you. I've been through this one with my dad. I'm thinking really comforting thoughts for you and healing thoughts for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your family are in my thoughts. I hope you have felt comforted by the positive thoughts and prayers held for you today.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

    Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. BUT everything will be ok. Everything will be ok.

    Thinking of you, big hugs. BIG BIG HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending thoughts of love and healing your way.
    ((HUGS))
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I didn't read bloglines last night! I am so sorry about your mother and am praying for you...and will continue to do so. May God give you the peace that only he can give you!

    Keep us up to date with any info. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have my hugs and thoughts and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, K1, I am PRAYING hard for your mom and for your family!!!!! If I could do ANYTHING for you, I would. You must be so worried. I will do the only thing I can- I will pray.

    Hang in there, sweetheart.

    Sending you biggggggg hugs, and lots of them,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sending you a big hug and I'll be praying for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so, so sorry. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please update us when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me again...still praying. Thinking about your whole family.
    Praying for peace and total healing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh K1! I am so sorry to hear this. You, your mom and the entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    *HUGS*

    I deleted the my last post. I forgot and used your name. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry Kathy.
    Ugh. that is terrible news.
    I will be checking back for updates often and thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry to hear this horrible news. My thoughts are with you and your family. Call (or email) me if you need anything at all, and I mean anything.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry! Sending Big hugs and prayers out to you and your family right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. From our family to yours,

    A giant hug!!

    We will keep you and your mom in our thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I DO believe in the power of prayer. I am sending them for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, K1, I am so sorry.
    There is definately a big hug being sent to you tonight from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fervent prayers of healing sent up for your mom, you and your family; be sure to rest when you can.

    (Longtime lurker, first time commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze...that's Ava and I giving you a big Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hugs to you...keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Praying for your mom and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We will keep your family in our prayers. Let us know what happens

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hang in there and know that so many people are sending you lots of prayers, good thoughts and hugs!

    Someone told me recently that god only gives you what he knows you can handle. I have to beleive that!

    ReplyDelete
  34. K, I'm so sorry to read this news. I'm sending you and your family big cyber-hugs.

    Love, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'll have a word with the Man upstairs.

    I have been there. My dad had a stroke. It is a scary time, for sure. Dig deep and reach out.

    Update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  36. *((((HUG))))*

    Sending you and your family thoughts and prayers durring this trying time.

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  37. I wish I had seen this sooner. I am hoping all is well with your mom. Take care, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a little late in the day but I am sending your Mom BIG HUGE hugs. I work with lots of stroke survivors and I have HOPE that your Mom will be back to herself sooner than you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG........I am so late
    I'm so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am late reading this, but I will keep your mom in my prayers. I'm glad she is improving!

    I'm sorry you're having a tough time with the new job...why is it that teenagers always push the limits?

    ReplyDelete