Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Swimming Pool Fun

The twins have come a long way...I mean, a LONG way since that first sad foray into swimming at just 5 months of age.  Now, not only do they love to swim, but their passion for the water is so strong that J. and I both knew a pool for the backyard was needed in order to keep them happy through the summer.
It's not a large pool (just 12 feet in diameter and only about 30 inches tall) but the kids have been having a blast in it and that is all that matters. We were in the pool this afternoon when I told J. that I thought Pea would be swimming under water within weeks. Just minutes after, Pea decided he wanted to dive for Chick's goggles.  Once he started, there was no stopping him.  Cute li'l bug.


6 comments:

  1. Very cool Pea!!! What a great pool - you are certainly going to enjoy it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! G AND her daddy both start swim lessons next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL of my kids were scared of the water. I have no idea why, but what REALLY helped was going to my parent's place. They have a pool and it was swimming in that every day that really helped. Constant exposure, I guess.

    And can I just say that I'm glad I got to see this post.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! That pool is awesome. Our girls still play in their teeny turtle sandbox filled with water and would be in heaven if they had that pool in their backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pool!! Can't believe how much Pea has improved in just a matter of days! Way to go Pea! I'm sure Chick won't be far behind.

    LOL...is the pool transportable to M? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the fun in the water! He is a little fishie.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete