So, for your own growth and development, your dad and I thought we should look into preschool programs for you. Luckily there was one here in town that I knew about and knew the teachers too. One of them, Miss Joy, is a former parent of a student I taught in grade seven and I knew she was trustworthy and could love you in my absence as you need to be loved.
After months of being on a waiting list, we got the call that you could begin in February. In January, after our trip to Disney World, we were told by the preschool to start staggering your entry, so on Monday January 23rd, I dressed you both in your cutest duds, gave you each your backpacks and drove you to school for the very first time. I'm not sure what I was expecting (perhaps a replay of that dreaded play group) but you surprised me.
You each walked into the classroom and began playing with nary a look back to see where I was. The teachers told me to leave and come back in an hour to pick you up, but when I returned, you were both doing so well that Miss Holly told me to leave again and come back in 20 minutes (after you transitioned from play time to snack time). When I returned again, you were both doing just fine, so I was told to come pick you up at dismissal (11:45am). At dismissal, you each ran out of the classroom toward me excited as can be and with HUGE smiles on your faces. You loved it.
Since then, you have loved going to school and enjoy it a great deal. I am so happy about this as it give me such strength to know that we made the right decision for you.
Here you are on your very first day of preschool. It doesn't get any cuter than the two of you.
