Thursday, January 19, 2012

Traveling Home

After a glorious week in Orlando soaking up sun, fun and everything Disney, it was time for us to head home.  Though our flight was only set to take off at 8am, the shuttle to take us to the airport left the hotel at 4am, meaning we had to be in the lobby of the hotel by 3:45am.  Waking toddlers that early is never on my "fun" list, so we left them in their PJs and put them in the stroller in its reclined position hoping they would continue to sleep.  However, it was so cold outside that between traveling from room to the lobby of the hotel, they woke up shivering.  Thankfully, they weren't grumpy about it, so it made the early morning wake-up a little easier to deal with.
The airport check-in and security went well and we were able to grab some breakfast before boarding.  The flight was a mere 2 hours and 15 minutes from Orlando to Toronto and, while Pea fell asleep for most of the flight, one little girl stayed wide awake.  That is, until we began our descent into Toronto.


Poor little thing. Just as she was nodding off, we had to wake her up to go through customs and baggage claim.

Catherine and Hannah were waiting for us when we arrived at the airport and after hugs and loading our luggage into the car, we were on our way home. There really is no place like it...not even Mickey's home.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your early morning trip home went so well. Sorry for the chilly welcome. I'll see what I can do about that next time!

    Have you booked your next Disney trip yet?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such an awesome chronicle of your trip. It was the next best thing to being there with you guys. Now we're just waiting for the iMovie musical montage. There WILL be an iMovie musical montage won't there???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Catherine is an amazing Disney travel agent. We go all the time cos we live here but next time I am contacting her.

    That little video of Chick is the most gorgeous, yet so so funny video I have seen in ages.

    So glad you had a wonderful holiday with your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!! I am so glad that you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really enjoyed reading about your Disneyland experience!! What an amazing trip!

    I thought Nugget would be too young, but after reading your about your trip and Catherine's trip I am rethinking it. :o)

    Catherine needs to set up a travel agency web site. I know I will be a customer. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your series of posts! It also highlights what a good decision it is for us NOT to go to Disney right now. The differences in personality between your twins and my twins are such that so many things about Disney would be horrible for some or all of us -- one twin who likes rides and one who doesn't, one who will ride in the stroller and one who wants to walk, fear of giant characters, not knowing what any of the Disney characters or stories are... not to mention the fact that my husband wants no part of it either! We will go to Disneyland for a day at some point when we are in CA, but no way would we go to Orlando without being sure that everyone is ready.

    Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed your trip. We do love Disney, but it is too much work to go more than every 2-3 years, at least for us. The big question for you will be....how long will it be before Catherine convinces you to do it again?

    ReplyDelete