- Chick woke up extra early this morning (even before Pea woke up) which only gave her a modest 10 hours of sleep instead of the usual 12 - 14 hours she requires.
- Pea knocked over my first cup of coffee this morning onto the couch and white carpet.
- Chick peed her pants.
- Pea hit Chick with a toy pig and now Chick has a welt on her face as a result.
- Chick had a complete meltdown while I was disciplining Pea.
- Pea had a complete meltdown during his time out.
- It took Pea nearly an hour of crying before he finally fell asleep for his nap.
- Instead of napping, Chick chose to play in her room from noon until 2pm. We woke her at 3pm. Words cannot describe the wrath Chick had for the early wake-up call.
- The wrath lasted one. whole. hour.
- Chick peed her pants while engaged in said wrath.
- Pea emptied the ENTIRE box of Kleenex while I was cleaning up from dinner. It was brand new.
Tomorrow will be better, right?
Tomorrow will be better -- promise!!! (I always tell TubaDad that toddlers/little kids have some type of innate survival instinct that prevents them from acting this way two days in a row. Wait and see, they are always angels after this kind of day.)
ReplyDeleteUgh.
ReplyDeleteI usually find that things are cyclical -- if one of them is having a rough morning, they're almost guaranteed to have a good afternoon; if they both have a great morning, I ready myself for a rough afternoon, which may or may not actually happen.
By that logic, tomorrow should be great for you.
At least, I hope so.
It can only get better! Hoping for a good night sleep from both pea and chick and of course mom, too. Here's to a HAPPY Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure tomorrow will be much better friend!
ReplyDeleteI find the same as M3. When Hannah and I have had a really rough day (like ummm....last Friday!) Saturday she was an angel!
Hoping the kiddos sleep well and sleep in and that you have a better day tomorrow.
Have I mentioned that very few siblings seem to fight while at D? Not sure why but it's wonderful!
Yes, it will be much better.
ReplyDeleteHope you had sweet dreams, you deserved them.
Yes, today will be a better day. We've all had days like this. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteWine might help
ReplyDeleteYuck. That was no fun. I've mever paid attention to what M3 said but I'm going to now. If it is true, it may be one of the few things that gets me through days like that.
ReplyDeleteAh yes, those days that make devoting 110% of our energy into being a stay-at-home mom so rewarding!! The good news is a few hugs, kisses and sweet words from your little monsters really will make it all feel worthwhile :-)
ReplyDeleteHope the rough day was followed by many quiet days!!! We have those days around here too!
ReplyDelete