Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Play Room

Years ago, when J. finished the basement, we had visions of someday watching little ones play amid toys and games.  Sometimes, I still can't believe that we are living our fairytale.  It's amazing.
Photobucket
This is what is seen when at the bottom of the stairs looking into the playroom. Poor Bear rarely gets a moment's peace.
Photobucket
We moved Chick's bookshelf that J. built from her room to the basement to accommodate her new double bed.
Photobucket
Our alphabet wall. This is the wall I eventually want to paint using Idea Paint (a whiteboard paint).
Photobucket
Moving into the playroom.
Photobucket
I thought about cleaning the place up a little before taking pictures, but that wouldn't be a realistic portrait of what it looks like on a daily basis.
Photobucket
This little contraption holds all of our wet paint crafts until they're dry.  I love it!
Photobucket
Pea serenading me with a very shrill recorder.
Photobucket
Our circle time calender wall. The kids love running upstairs to see what the weather is like, then run back downstairs to turn the little spinner to the right conditions.
Photobucket
Typical scene.
Photobucket
The other side of the room that isn't getting much use at the moment.  We will be turning this area into a craft/music/learning area.
Photobucket
More play.
Photobucket
On the main support for the house, we track the kids' heights.  We've been doing so since they were just over a year old. This is Pea's side.
Photobucket
 Chick's side.

The kids love playing down here, but seldom do so unless J. or I are with them.  Hopefully, in time, we'll be able to move all of their toys out of the other areas of the house and into their playroom.  Because, let's face it, our entire house is their "playroom" at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Your basement is a lot like ours! I should do a post on our basement so you can see how truly similar they are :-) Our girls didn't used to want to be down there by themselves, but now they love to go down with their friends. They spend hours upon hours down there which results into a big mess most of the time. However, I'd rather they have that space to play, to be crafty and to hang out with their friends. I'd also MUCH rather be the house where everyone feels welcome and safe than my girls takeing off somewhere and I have no idea what they're doing. I'm making a plaque for the basement that says "Please excuse the mess; the children are making memories". Perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Can't wait to visit when the craft area is up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome playroom!! Hannah wants to book a playdate when she's feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks like a great place to be a kid.

    Miss D also does not want to go downstairs alone.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your basement! I love the idea of basements. I don't know why we don't have them here.

    C & P will have innumerable hours of fun and learning there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so get it. We are just itching to get the basement playroom built so that everything in the living room playroom can be moved down there. Hopefully in the coming year that will become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great space for the kids to hang, explore and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so going to copy you when it's our turn. What a great playroom!

    ReplyDelete