Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes - Nailed 'Em!

See these delicious looking Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes?
Photobucket
 I didn't make them. I did, however, make the ones you see below on the weekend before Halloween.
Photobucket
I know. They are totally awesome and you're so jealous.  Embrace your envy.
When I took these little emmer effers out of the oven, J. laughed out loud...like, AT me.
But I was all:

"They're PERFECT and you're just jealous that you didn't make these glorious cones of cupcakes yourself, Jealous Boy!"

And just to prove their superiority to other "Martha Stewart-ess" cupcakes, I made everyone sit down (in their smocks, no less) to decorate those freaking cupcakes and enjoy every second of it as if their VERY LIVES DEPENDED ON IT.
Photobucket
See the questionably coloured icing?  It was supposed to be orange.  You know, for Halloween?
Photobucket
Chick decided that eating sprinkles was far more safe than eating those cupcakes. Pfft.
Photobucket
Atta boy!
Photobucket
More sprinkles for this lightweight.
Photobucket
His face says "No," but his spoon says "Uh, I'm a spoon not a miracle-worker!'
Photobucket
Is icing supposed to look like a waterfall?

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm glad you're at the point where you can laugh about it . . . you are right??? :) And you're brave posting them for the world to see. Most of us do things like that too or worse - you just don't see it on our blogs!

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge Success - doing a fun family activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny.

    As for the icing, the runnier it is the easier it is to inject directly into your bloodstream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fairly certain those are: Made Of Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I read somewhere that I keep reminding myself when doing kiddies craft/cooking. It is not about the end product but the process.

    I love that you tried and kept at it.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I.LOVE.IT. Totally made me laugh :-) Definately a success with the kids enjoying themselves, I've discovered kids just do not care what shape the cake comes in, as long as they can decorate it with icing and sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Step aside Martha Stewart! Auntie K is in the house!!

    Heh, the cupcakes are a hoot but your running commentary is the BEST!

    Pass one down. Anything involving cake, ice cream cones, icing and sprinkles can be nothing short of DEEELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that was awesome! Love that you still had a good time with the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete