Dear Chick and Pea,
When I was little, Gramma and Grampa would tell me they loved me "as big as the sky". Before bed, upon waking, while walking by the kitchen and in other ordinary circumstances, I would be reminded of their love for me in this way. Now, I have passed on that message of love to you. I cannot count the number of times I tell you that I love you on any given day, but I know it's a big number. Before bed, I always ask, "How much does Mama love you?" and you always respond, "Big as 'ky."
And I do. Forever and always - as big as the sky.
Love,
Mama
Love it! I like the new look too!
ReplyDeleteI always tell Ava, "I love you to the moon and back, always and forever, when we are together and when we are apart!"
So, so sweet!! It always hurts my heart when I hear of people who cannot remember their parents telling them that they loved them. Ouch!! Like you, the times I tell Hannah daily are too numerous to count!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it the very best feeling when they initiate 'I love you' back??
I always tell my nephews that I love them to the moon and back. They then tell me how they love me to the sun, Pluto, Jupiter, the moon and back.
ReplyDeleteI love it!