What really makes any play group great, though, are the leaders who manage the fun. Sarah and Blanca are the two people we see each time we turn the corner toward the gymnasium and the two people to whom Chick and Pea run with open arms for huge hugs. Any good teacher, park leader, coach, etc. should make kids feel as though they are the most important and special people in the world and Sarah and Blanca do this for Chick and Pea (and for all of the other children, I'm certain). When I stand back and watch the kids playing, I often see Sarah and Blanca playing with the children, comforting children who get hurt and being an extra set of eyes and ears while the chaos of a gym full of tots explodes. Blanca, in particular is very nurturing and calls Chick, "My Little Princess" with her beautiful accent and calls Pea, "Handsome". I love it.
When I realized that the play group was being shut down for the summer months, I knew I wanted to give a little something to Sarah and Blanca for all of the love and special care they've shown to us over the past while. Since Chick and Pea love "wowas" (flowers) so much, I thought that choosing some would be an appropriate token of our appreciation.
Here are Chick and Pea just after they gave the wowas and thank you notes to Sarah and Blanca.
Sarah is holding Pea and Blanca is snuggling Chick.
We'll definitely miss the play group over the summer, but we'll miss Sarah and Blanca more.

Very sweet!
ReplyDeleteWonderful that C&P have been able to have this opportunity, even more remarkable since it's a free program from the province.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't been able to attend anything like this both because the times haven't worked with our naps and because of some limits imposed by Tamale's development. Hopefully someday soon.
I love the smiles and "wowas" pressie. They are such sweet kiddies and I love that they had such a great experience.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
That place sounds wonderful. I wish we had something similar here.
ReplyDelete